URGENT! upgrade email question

spcopps

I got an email offering us to upgrade (for a price of course) from a Grand Suite to the Owner's suite on the carnival imagination for October 10th. My question is for a 4 night cruise (monday-friday) for a family of 5 how much would you be willing to pay? I know there are only 2 of these on the ship but don't have any idea what would be a reasonable upgrade price...Please help!!

Well whats there offer?? is it a flat price or per person price???

I didn't get a call just an email so I didn't get to speak to anyone. When I tried calling back she had already left the office so I hope to know something tomorrow..I did call my PVP and he verified it was a legitimate offer but didn't see the price they were wanting listed anywhere.

When we sailed on Fantasy we were offered the same kind of upgrade. They wanted $1,800 for the 4 of us to go from PH suite to Owner's Suite for a 5 night cruise. We turned it down. Counter-offered, but they refused to budge on price. They actually called back a few days later and asked if we had changed our minds! I asked them if they changed their minds about accepting my counter-offer.:D

I got an email offering us to upgrade (for a price of course) from a Grand Suite to the Owner's suite on the carnival imagination for October 10th. My question is for a 4 night cruise (monday-friday) for a family of 5 how much would you be willing to pay? I know there are only 2 of these on the ship but don't have any idea what would be a reasonable upgrade price...Please help!!

Just me but I wouldn't pay more than an extra $100/guest. The Grand Suites are quite nice on the Fantasy Class ships and I'm sure you'll be quite pleased. Certainly, the Owner's Suites are far more grand but how grand do you want for a 4 day cruise?

I guess I'm saying that unless they offer it to you nearly free I wouldn't budge...

:)

The owners suites have a beautiful view out the windows, with the pool below, the funnel above, and the ocean to the sides. Just seeing the pictures, it looks like an amazing view, and the room(s) are huge! However, from the price of a grand suite, I can't see paying more than $200-$300 total for it.

And just another thought - we sailed with 4, but we had a roll-away as my 2 daughters couldn't sleep with each other in the pullout sofa bed, even though it was large enough for both. There was plenty of room in the GS (called it PH before - that is before they changed the name!) for the roll-away. The steward put it on the side during the day, set it back up at night. I think you would be fine in the GS - personally, unless it was an incredible offer, I wouldn't go for it.

I have been in a Grand Suite on the Ecstasy which is a Fantasy class ship just like the Imagination. I can tell you that the only difference I really saw between the "Owner's Suite" and the "Grand Suite" was the size of the balcony. The Owner's Suite balcony is a bit deeper and a bit more private as the walls of the balcony jutted out further from the ship and did not seem connected to the rest of the balcony rooms.

I guess I would pay a SMALL fee for the difference, but not more than $10/day/pp/double.... (or... $80-$100 total upgrade cost). If all 5 of you are in the same room, it may be worth more to you to have some extra space.

Spoke with Carnival today and they offered us the upgrade for $1400 more than what we have already paid for the grand suite :eek:. Anyways, I told them thanks, but no thanks I will keep my grand suite. I told them while the extra space would be nice, the balcony view was less than desirable to me with the top of the life boats poking out. Also told them that extra $350 per day would pay for my tips with left over money.

Spoke with Carnival today and they offered us the upgrade for $1400 more than what we have already paid for the grand suite :eek:. Anyways, I told them thanks, but no thanks I will keep my grand suite. I told them while the extra space would be nice, the balcony view was less than desirable to me with the top of the life boats poking out. Also told them that extra $350 per day would pay for my tips with left over money.

Am I missing something? I thought the owners suite on Fantasy class overlooked the pool, no private balcony, and was under the jogging track. Thump thump thump thump.. Not what I would call an upgrade. Nice huge cabin from the pics I've seen, but I wouldn't give up the balcony.

Am I missing something? I thought the owners suite on Fantasy class overlooked the pool, no private balcony, and was under the jogging track. Thump thump thump thump.. Not what I would call an upgrade. Nice huge cabin from the pics I've seen, but I wouldn't give up the balcony.

It does have a balcony over looking the water (and life boats). The windows in the sitting area and master bedroom look over the pool.

Archived