What are the odds that any given ship will miss this port?

SS Strider

Just got back on March 20th on the E.O.S. All cruise ships, one Royal Carribean and a Carnival ship both could not get into port the day we were in. We were the only cruise ship that day.:) One of the clerks in the stores told me that the day before, none were in (3 missed out) due to rough seas.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back on the Carnival Miracle on the 10th of April was supposed to dock at Costa Maya during our cruise but was unable to due to rough water. Carnival had given everyone on board a $25 ship credit and spent the day at sea enroute to Cozumel.

We docked at Costa Maya the first week in April. We were the only Ship to dock that day, and the Captain of the Grandeur of the Seas made three passes before he succeeded. Most of the employees on the ship didn't think that we would make it in. :)

And guess what, he did not succeed this week! You probably already heard that the Grandeur ran into the pier due to high winds and rough seas. Our 4/23 cruise on the Grandeur is being shortened by two days so far. So apparently the chances of this port being missed by any ship are high.

Annieeee

I'm not the expert but I think it depends on the season. I've been working in Costa Maya since the ships started arriving. Most of the cancellations occured during april and may. We get stronger winds and the ocean gets rough.

Archived