How is Cove Balcony different from Regular Balcony?

avd79

We had room 2381 on the Dream last Spring Break and it was under the kitchen also. We heard things banging and things being dropped all night long!! I would never book a room under the kitchen again. With that being said, we LOVED the cove balcony. All of the other balcony's looked down on the Lanai deck, I don't know how some of them ever saw the ocean. Cove is definitely the way to go if you book early.

Glad you enjoyed the cove. We were in an extended aft on 9 and it was never a problem looking down or out to see the ocean. I can see it being an issue for decks 6 or 7, but the higher up you go the broader the view.

I really wanted to try a cove too, DH was not too thrilled. When we book the Breeze my PVP really talked us out of it. Her reasoning was that it was a great experience for folks who normally cruise inside cabins and OV, then it is truly nice to be able to get outside fresh air for a great price, but for folks who are used to the wide open feel of a regular balcony, she did not think we would like it. After seeing the great pics posted, I can understand her reasoning....and it's good advice for us. Think we will stick to the regular balconies for the bright sun in the room and the open feeling of the balcony that we love (glass below the railings, and open from side to side, plus great views from inside the cabin of the ocean etc.).

We had cabin 2287 and the in-laws had 2285 in May, our room steward opened the divider for us so we had one long balcony. Absolutely no noise from above. I would highly recommend these cabins. Wife and I stayed in 2344 last October and early every morning it sounded like someone was dropping a sack of onions on the floor!! Every morning the wife would say, "there goes the onions!" In my opinion, when I sail the Dream or any Dream class boat again, I will be in a cove. Absolutely LOVE them for the privacy and proximity to the water!!!

All of the other balcony's looked down on the Lanai deck, I don't know how some of them ever saw the ocean. Cove is definitely the way to go if you book early.

How many people actually look continuously down when they are on their balcony? We always look outward and never had a problem with not being able to see the water in a regular balcony cabin. The higher up you go, the less the Lanai gets in the way. This is a view looking down from our balcony on the Panorama Deck http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2807677350030186251ludAds

Archived