FLYi.com

new1-2cruzin

Has any used www.flyi.com or flown with Independence Air.

They seem to have great prices to florida,and other places I need to go,

but I don't know too much about them. from the different places I have read about them, people seem to love them, but I am still on the fence.

I am looking into their new flights to San Diego, that start 4/14, but would like an opinion on them from anyone who has flown them before.

Thank you.

I was surprised to see Independence Air adding west coast flights. They are loosing lots and lots of money and flying with only about 45% of the seats filled. This is not profitable. You can't stay in business when you loose money on each flight.

My sister flew them yesterday to Orlando and is flying back on Saturday from Tampa.

IT WAS A MESS!!! She will NEVER fly them again!

They called her 2 weeks before her flights to say BOTH had been rescheduled. Monday's was pushed back a few hours, so no big deal she gets to spend a few extra hours in Disney, but the original Saturday flight was CANCELLED, and they rebooked her for a TUESDAY flight! 3 days AFTER she was suppose to be home and at work.

Needless to say, she wasn't happy, and it took ALOT of work to get a Saturday flight. So now, instead of a leisurley flight on Saturday afternoon from Orlando, she has to leave Disney on Friday night (1 night earlier) to get to Tampa for a 6ish am flight Saturday morning.

Independence IS paying for a town car for transportation from Disney to Tampa airport AND paying for the hotel for the night (she got them to pay for the Marriott at the Tampa airport).

Archived