Freedom D1 Cabins

cctimmom

On Freedom in the D1 cabins, how do they sleep 4 -- if there are a mom and a dad in the queen... if there are two teenagers who have no desire sleeping together, are there separate accommodations (I couldn't see the pullman bed option on the plan) or will they be stuck sharing the couch?

Look for a cabin with 2 pullman beds, or a sleep sofa AND a pullman....that way, everyone can have their own space. The deck plans will show you which cabins have what type of bedding.

If you can't get seperate beds, put one of them on the floor.

I looked at the Freedom deck plans and it looks like only FO and Insides have the 3/4 pullman beds. D1s had a sofabed and some E1s have a 3rd pullman but you need 4 spaces.

My kids are teens and I never book them in a room where they have to share a sofabed. It's better to get two rooms or a room with 2 available pullmans.

We've found that the price of an inside cabin isn't much more than the price of the 3rd/4th in a room, so we book an inside cabin for our teenagers directly across the hall from our balcony. Since we are only two in the balcony, we don't need a costly D1 and can usually go with a lower category balcony to offset the price difference of having two cabins. Plus you get two bathrooms and a whole lot more space.

You generally have to call RCI (or have your TA call) to find out what is the cheapest combination available.

And you do NOT have to book one adult in each room, as long as the inside cabin is directly across the hall from your balcony.

Archived