water taxi or drive to Ti Kaye

cat maran

We'll be cruising on Celebrity Constellation in March 2012 and want to go to Ti Kaye. How long and how rough is the water taxi ride to the resort? Is the land transport a better choice? I'm prone to motion sickness and want to make the best choice for a great day. Has anyone climbed up the 160 stairs from the beach and is it a deal breaker?

We'll be cruising on Celebrity Constellation in March 2012 and want to go to Ti Kaye. How long and how rough is the water taxi ride to the resort? Is the land transport a better choice? I'm prone to motion sickness and want to make the best choice for a great day. Has anyone climbed up the 160 stairs from the beach and is it a deal breaker?

It is about 30 min. by boat and about 45 to 60 min by land. The land trans is over hills with a lot of twist and turns. The water trip is you are just off the shore line.

The stairs Seen one couple do it and they were in good shape and had no problems seen another group started up and came back down after going half way up. For us we take the Beach and snorkel pkg. and stay in the beach area:D

Paul

I have climbed the stairs and would not attempt to do it again....

Thank you excalwop and chrysalis for your first hand experiences (twisty land access and deal breaker stairs).

Another option is a day pass at Sandals, which we have wanted to see. Does anyone know what the BEST Sandals resort on St. Lucia is? It seems their day passes are all-inclusive -beach chairs, food, drinks, pools @ $100. What experience does anyone have with any of the resorts, especially the Sandals Grande?

Archived