Can't recommend Altun Ha River Wallace

crusinpsychRN

It was way too long, a bit boring and hot, hot, hot! Tendered to port, waiting over 45 min. 2 1/2 hr. boat ride. Lunch was 30 min, $8 of gross chicken and rice and beans. 45 min. bus ride to ruins. Long bus ride to tenders. Everyone complained how long and boring it was. Never again.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. We took this excursion on our Legend cruise last year and loved it. We really enjoyed the bus ride, being able to see Belize City from the safety of the bus and learning about its history. The ruins, I thought, were amazing. Perhaps your guides weren't so great? The river cruise portion we found wonderful as well, got to see bats, crocs, exotic birds, monkees and manatees! The chicken was ok, won't fault you there, but eating native dishes is something I enjoy-I mean, how many Americans can say they ate beans, rice and chicken in Belize? Not many!~ The Black Orchid resort where the lunch was, was lovely I thought, after eating we explored the grounds. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Of that entire cruise itinerary (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman), this excursion made Belize one of our favorite ports. Belize always gets a bad rap on these boards, which I never totally understood. Just my opinion!

Archived