Just double checking... carry on size.

flgatormom29

What's the size for carry ons? I know there is no restrictions on length.

Mine, while stuffed is about 17inches wide and about 14 inches tall. Will this work?

Also, is there a restriction about how many carry ons you can bring? I'm getting married onboard, so want to bring my wedding stuff with me. Looking at about 4 carry ons... maybe 5.

Thanks in advance

are you flying in? If so, the 22 x 14 x 9 is the standard size for carry-on bags. As far as I know, airlines only allow one carry on bag and one personal item (i.e. laptop bag, purse, etc.). You would need to check with whatever air carrier you're flying on to see if there are any other restrictions.

http://thetravelinsider.com/travelaccessories/airlinecarryonluggageallowances.htm

Are you asking what you can carry onto the ship right?? I see the post above mine is talking about airport carry ons. Cruiselines are more lenient, but still the same basic size, but no limit to how many carry ons.

Same size as carry on size for the airport, in fact once they had a basket to measure a bag of my sisters.

The one difference is it can be a expanded carry on size. If you carry it on in the airport it cant be a expanded suitcase, but it can be wide like that on the measurements.

I know some people say if it fits thru the xray machine its ok, but I have a medium sized thin suitcase that fits easily thru the xray scanner that twice they said I could not carry on. We carried it on other times is why I know it fits thru the scanner.

So, from my experience they do care about the length.

What's the size for carry ons? I know there is no restrictions on length.

Mine, while stuffed is about 17inches wide and about 14 inches tall. Will this work?

Also, is there a restriction about how many carry ons you can bring? I'm getting married onboard, so want to bring my wedding stuff with me. Looking at about 4 carry ons... maybe 5.

Thanks in advance

Luggage is measured lying flat.

[depth] 16"

[width] 24"

[length] no restriction ... this is for ship carry-on NOT airlines

Our carryons were a lot bigger than stated on the Carnival site. They don't care what you carryon. The sizes are stated to fit through the xray machines, but even ours fit through, though they were larger. Even if they don't fit, I think they'll check them somehow. Don't worry, take all you need for your wedding and have a great time!

I am not flying. Driving in (only 4 hours from port).

Looks like my bag wont be an issue. According to those measurments my bag is just under size. Hope it works.

Looks like we will be attempting to carry on 4-5 bags on the ship and checking 3. EEEEK.

Most of it is wedding stuff and i will have probably 3 empty suitcases by monday night!

I can tell you that my medium sized bag has been refused several times that is like 27 inches long. .. so I dont know why people say it can be any length. Tell that to the people guarding the port doors

They are probably saying that because Carnival's website states that there is no length restrictions. We have never had any problems with our luggage.

I hate to hijack this but I have a similar question without starting a whole new one...

My carry on bag itself isnt that big, should i measure from the wheels to the tip of the handle or just the bag itself? Maybe someone here has seen it- its a polka dot wgeely bag I purchased at ikea in the little family section...

Archived