Coconut

spcopps

Here is a question I never thought to ask before..My DD is 7 and last night she told me "she wants to drink from a coconut". Since this is the ONLY thing she has asked to do I would really like for her to able to do this but is there any place in Key West or Cozumel to "drink from a coconut"? I don't think we need the lime though LOL.

I know both places have coconuts. I dont remember any place close to either pier in particular

Id go out in Cozumel and ask a taxi driver and I bet he would know of a place. Thats what Id do. Im just sure there are places in Cozumel that someone will chop open a coconut and pore the clear juice into a glass and then they drain the milk and you can drink that too.

Iv seen it done a lot of times, so I know there are places you run into that do it.

Thanks for the option. She said she wanted to "watch them take the top off her coconut and drink the juice through a straw". Not sure where she got this from but if I can I will make it happen for her..still got that darn song in my head..she put the lime in the coconut and drank it all up..Anyway, she doesn't ask for much but boy when she does she makes mommy have to work for it :rolleyes:

ive seen this done in baja (where my family vacations yearly...we;re from Ca) and its usually just a guy on the side of the road who hacks off the top and sticks a straw in. my little brother used to LOVE this.

it does exist. im just not sure i know where. i hope shes prepared for the taste of coconut water!!

Lime? No- not unless you are adding some alcohol which I don't think. Driver is a good idea- anyplace that there are coconut palms you will be able to find someone with a machete who will open one for you. Try a market- or if you see a hotel with coconut palms find one of the gardeners and ask them. Tip them $5 and they will be happy to get one for you. But bring your own straws- very likely not going to find them.

I actually have an answer that I know. Ha. Last year we went to Cozumel and there was a vendor stand selling drinks from coconuts. Now I'm not sure where a bouts it was but I know it was by the ocean along the main street you would walk onto from a cruise. I would turn right and walk down.

ive seen this done in baja (where my family vacations yearly...we;re from Ca) and its usually just a guy on the side of the road who hacks off the top and sticks a straw in. my little brother used to LOVE this.

it does exist. im just not sure i know where. i hope shes prepared for the taste of coconut water!!

No she isn't prepaired..I actually don't think she even likes coconut :D! Like I said though, she doesn't ask for much, and even if she throws it away it will be something she got to try. Last year we spent 8 days at Disney World and ALL she asked for was a pearl from Pick a Pearl. She is also the reason we are doing a cruise this year. We were waiting until her brothers (both 3) were older to take the kids but she said this year she wanted to go on a cruise instead of back to Disney World, so here we are. Unlike some kids she never asked for anything when we travel or even in the local stores so we know when she ask for something she REALLY wants it.

Archived