Cheap Free and good for small kids Bermuda??

JYeagersGrl

I was there in June with my 5 and 7 year olds. Our photo album is in my sig. The highlight of the trip for them was Horseshoe Bay. The zoo/aquarium, BAMZ, was also a big hit.

Across from the aquarium and up the road a bit is Shelly Beach, which has a great playground. Our intention was to go there after we were done at the zoo, but time just got away from us. We visited St. George in the morning then went to the aquarium. The last ferry out of Hamilton was around 5:00pm and we really didn't want to have to ride the bus all the way back to the Dockyard, so we skipped it.

While transportation on the buses and ferries is convenient, getting anywhere from the Dockyard takes a long, long time. The kid's initial excitement on being on a bus and/or ferry wore off long before the trip was over. Definitely factor it into your plans. We accomplished much less than we had planned.

We didn't visit the Snorkel Park, but that might be a good option just for the convenience of its location. There's also a small playground just off the ship.

Doing it over again, I would do one day at BAMZ and Shelly Beach, one day at Horseshoe Bay and Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and the last day shopping in Hamilton or at the Snorkel Park.

Have fun!

I have 4 and 2 year old girls. On our past trip (end of August) we did one morning at the aquarium/zoo. Then one morning at snorkel park (it was great - very quiet the morning we were there and smooth water - no waves, and sandy bottom. The last morning we went to Horseshoe bay. It was very rough but there was a nice cove that was perfect size for the girls and there were a lot of families there - but it wasn't so crowded that it wasn't enjoyable.

We are going in November with an almost 3 year old - BAMZ is on our list of to do's. On our other day, we have hired a private tour guide - so that we can see the sights & use a car seat... (If my son falls asleep - no biggie, if we spend extra time at the lighthouse - no biggie, if he pitches a fit - not such a big deal...)

The aquarium/zoo they would probably enjoy. Snorkel Park is nice as well...you have to pay to get access, but it is nice and you can walk to it from the Dockyard...

It does take a while to get to places on the island, so I know my kids could possiby not enjoy that...We were just there and ended up standing in line for the Ferry for an hour after lunch to get back when it started downpouring and the two ferries before the one we got on were full...so we got soaked, stood in line forever, and had a rough ferry ride back to the dockyard...our kids weren't with us...

Also wanted to add...Bermuda is not that cheap...if you go anywhere outside the dockyard, take their public transportation, it is good and cheaper then a taxi or excursion...

Archived