Princess Dining Time Too Early

stefwano

I don't see that you either lose port time or miss anything by having dinner around 6pm.

Most sail-aways are before dinner time and, except for the original one at the start of the cruise, they are virtually all non-events.

Keep in mind that all passengers have to be on board at least 30 minutes (often closer to an hour) before sail-away. If you decided to board at the last minute you still have time to get changed for dinner and still see sail-away (if you are so inclined). If sail away is close to dinner time and you really don't want to miss it, you can go to dinner after that if they do as I have usually experienced and have open sitting on port days that have sailaway in the late afternoon/early evening.

Once the cruise is under way if you find the dinner time you have selected is not the right one for you, just see the maitre d' about changing. No problem. :D

The point is, that the dining is now 5.30pm........not 6pm.:)

I don't see that you either lose port time or miss anything by having dinner around 6pm.

Most sail-aways are before dinner time and, except for the original one at the start of the cruise, they are virtually all non-events.

Keep in mind that all passengers have to be on board at least 30 minutes (often closer to an hour) before sail-away. If you decided to board at the last minute you still have time to get changed for dinner and still see sail-away (if you are so inclined). If sail away is close to dinner time and you really don't want to miss it, you can go to dinner after that if they do as I have usually experienced and have open sitting on port days that have sailaway in the late afternoon/early evening.

Once the cruise is under way if you find the dinner time you have selected is not the right one for you, just see the maitre d' about changing. No problem. :D

Not true! On our NZ cruise at the end of this year, the EARLIEST we leave the ports is 6pm, the latest 9pm.

This is why we changed to late dining...might i add BEFORE the cruise, just in case there is no time/place left for late dining once we board!

Hi

Can anyone tell me if this is on all Princess Ships? We are on Diamond Princess later in the year, our cruise still shows 6.00pm. I want to change if it is this time, just a little bit early for us!

I am not entirely sure, but believe it is for all Princess ships. Ours was listed for 6pm, until a few weeks ago. For those on our cruise, it is not possible to alter times to the later sitting, as they are all booked and already waitlisted, apparently. There is more on this subject on the main Princess section, however, most of the other ships also have the anytime dining option. The aussie Sea Princess is one that does not have this option. When we were on the Diamond a year ago to NZ, we had the option of anytime dining.

I think the main reason for this thread is to forewarn others, so they at least can alter their times to suit, or pick tours that will get back in time.

Good luck....you will love the Diamond.

Jen

We are actually on the Sea Princess sailing Nov 12th and have decided to change to the later dining time. I called Princess yesterday and was swapped to the later time without any problems but I do know that others have been told they would be wait listed. I just think it would have been nice to receive notification from Princess regarding the change of dining time as if you were not checking you cruise personaliser and checking details you would have no idea about the change until on the ship.

Archived