You can bring 1 bottle of wine on board per guest, where do you get it?

DeanHensler

I'm flying from St. Louis, connecting in Atlanta and arriving in Orlando International Airport (MCO). Then taking the Carnival provided transfer service from MCO to port canaveral.

Anyone know where I can pick up a bottle of wine? I don't want to deal with bringing one from home and risk packing it my checked baggage.

I assume there is a duty free in Atlanta and Orlando airports that have liquor, but do they have wine?

First time cruiser looking for some advise from you experts out there!

Maybe the carnival transfer will let you stop at a walgreens and get a bottle, most of the bigger walgreens here in Florida have a liquor shop attached to them.

Maybe...but it would be the first I've ever read of a Carnival shuttle deviating from its authorized run for such a purpose.

While anything is possible, hoping the transfer will make a liquor run seems like a very thin reed. Still if all else fails it can't hurt to ask.

Publix is about 5 miles away from the orlando airport. I always find a decent wine section at the one near my home. Also if you are just looking for basic cheap wine, there is a wal mart four miles from the airport. There also is a walgreens real close. You should be able to pick up some wine in Orlando.

Here are a few options:

#1 There is a Hyatt Regency hotel right in the Orlando airport. Call thier Duty-Free shop and inquire if they sell wine. Here is their link. http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/shops/index.jsp

#2 This is what we do: Bubble wrap your wine very well and then wrap it in a plastic grocery type bag and then put it in one of the Hefty Brand 2.5 gal jumbo zip-lock bags, then wrap this in a beach towel and put it in your checked luggage. We have used this method several times and it has never failed. Some liqour stores are now selling wine in boxes so this may be and option as well.

#3 If you flight gets to the airport early and you have time before the shuttle leaves, check your bags with them and then take a taxi to the nearest liquor store and then right back to the airport. I have heard that some shuttles do not leave until around noon so if you arrive before that you may have some extra time to do this. Here is a link to a map that shows the location of the closest airport liqour stores. Airport Liquors (A) and Conway Liquors (D) would be the best bet. Conway liquors has a little better selection and their prices are a tad better. Airport Liquors is a little closer therefore charges a bit more and their selection is minimal. It would be just a 5 min taxi ride to either. http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=luquor+stores+at+orlando+airport&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GWYA_enUS309US309&q=luquor+stores+at+orlando+airport

#4 Order the wine from the ship. It may be more expensive but will leave less worry.

Good luck to you.

Archived