Transfers for Pride of America Hawaii cruise

HawaiianAndy

We are taking our first cruise to Hawaii in December and we get off the ship at 7am but our flight doesn't leave that evening until 8pm. I am trying to find something to do that day but having a hard time figuring out what to do with our luggage. I contacted one tour company and they wanted me to pay $25 extra just to have them hold my bags for the day, which i think is ridulous. We will each have 2 bags so they want $100 more for nothing. Has anyone found a tour that you can take your luggage with you and that will take you to the airport afterwards?

NCL runs tours that will drop you and your luggage at the airport. And so does Roberts (gorabbit)

There is also luggage storage at the cruise prier I think it's $5 a bag.

You should also post your question on the Hawaii board as someone there will have more info on the storage at the pier.

Check if NCL still offers the BAGS program. It's where you leave your checked bags out the last night in the hallway and the next time you see it will be coming off the turntable at your home airport. Certain restrictions & charges apply, but it might be worth it.

As said, NCL offers various tours/excursion of the Island where they take you and your luggage and then your last stop is the airport. We did this a few years ago and it worked out great. I'd also check the BAGS program but IIRC, there is a fee by the airline and also by NCL which is going to be more than the $25 the other guy wants to charge.

We used Jay's Limousine Service to take us on a tour of the North Shore after disembarkation. They offer a variety of different tours and have several different sizes of vehicles. Because there were 6 of us with luggage and golf bags, it was necessary to spend a little extra for a minibus. If you contact them, be clear how many bags you will have so that the vehicle is big enough. They took us to the airport at the end of the day. It worked out very well.

We had this same problem.

I finally decided to just rent a car. It cost us $34, and there was plenty of room in the trunk for our luggage.

We spent the entire day leisurely driving around the island. We visited the Dole Plantation, North Beach, Turtle Beach, and everything else that caught our eye. (We even stopped at a couple of garage sales!)

It's an island, so just keep the ocean on your left, and you will end right back where you started!

You can easily drive the entire island in the time that you have.

Oh, and we had to buy a tank of gas...about $40.00.

Frankly, it was the best excursion of the entire week.

Check if NCL still offers the BAGS program. It's where you leave your checked bags out the last night in the hallway and the next time you see it will be coming off the turntable at your home airport. Certain restrictions & charges apply, but it might be worth it.

BAGS is only available from Los Angeles, Seattle, and Miami. NCL has a Pearl Harbor shore excursion that will keep your bags locked on the bus and then drop you off at the airport.

• 1 month later...

After looking at a few different options, we booked http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/OahuIslandExcursionsToursHawaii.htm

They are picking us up from the cruise ship and taking us on a 6 hour around the island tour, and our luggage is with us the whole time. We are getting dropped off at the airport afterwards. I've read good reviews about this tour so i think we made a good choice. I'll try to remember to post some pics of this tour when we get back.

My question is, what type of restaurants are the in Haleiwa. Our tour says we will be stopping there for 45 minutes and we can get lunch or shaved ice if we want to. I am considering bringing snacks and maybe skip lunch, but was wondering what the choices are there for food. I haven't really seen any info on this when i googled it.

Archived