Anybody ever GOLF during a river cruise?

threeputtlewy

Wow!:eek: I hope you don't plan on bringing your own clubs. I doubt there is enough time in a port to do even 9 holes unless you find a lighted course open 24/7 and don't intend to sleep. Perhaps a mini-golf course? You really would be missing out on the cultural aspects of the cruise if you did so. If you really have to golf you should intend on doing an extended stay and do so before/after the cruise.

We haven't done this from a river boat, but I can't say it isn't out of the realm of possibilities with some planning. You'd have to coordinate a lenghty docking time, sometimes a ship can be in port from 8am-6pm at a destination that is close to a golf course of interest. Call ahead for the earliest tee time, get a cab or prearrange a car rental company to meet you at the dock and you're all set! I'd leave the clubs at home and just rent a set. Could be a fun adventure! We actually did this in NZ while cruising on Oceania some years ago. It makes for a nice break especially when the weather is good.

Have fun planning!

Archived