What does princess transfer do with you when.....

winncruiser

you arrive at the airport at 8:30 a.m. into Barcelona, pay for Princess transfer, but can't board the ship until noon or later? I'm just wondering if they take you on any type of mini-sightseeing tour around town or do they take you straight to the ship where you wait for hours before you can begin boarding. A few years ago I flew into Rome to board the ship in Civitavecchia and since we were so early they drove us into Rome, all around the beautiful sights and even dropped us off for about 45 minutes to shop and look around the Vatican. Just wondering if any of you seasoned cruisers have any experience with the Barcelona transfer? I'm on the Sept 27th Star Princess. Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!

Winncruiser

Well, if you arrive at 8:30am, you will have to get off the plane, walk interminably until you get to immigration, then proceed to baggage claim, get your bags, and meet the Princess rep. They will direct you out to where the buses are, load your stuff and board the bus, wait for the bus to fill up, then leave for the port. You will be able to check in as soon as you get to the port, although there may be a short wait until you can board.

Often there will be a tour offered enroute to the pier, for a fee...

When we arrived in Rome, we booked a Vatican tour with the transfer to be taken enroute to Civitavecchia. EM

Thanks Shogun...that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Just don't want to pay $400 US for a private tour in Barcelona for four hours to be driven around sightseeing besides the fact that we will be exhausted after an overnight flight from the states. Just hoping for an opportunity to view some beautiful architecture/scenery before boarding the Star.

Archived