flight leave HOU at the end of the cruise

krazy4kruisin

What is the earliest flight that any of you have taken returning home after cruise out of Houston Hobby, cruise port Galveston? We purchase airfare and 5 days later the airlines has chnage the itinirary :mad:. Now we are to leave at 11:30am. Carnival advises not to leave before 1:30 pm......

What is the earliest flight that any of you have taken returning home after cruise out of Houston Hobby, cruise port Galveston? We purchase airfare and 5 days later the airlines has chnage the itinirary :mad:. Now we are to leave at 11:30am. Carnival advises not to leave before 1:30 pm......

call them back and tell them they can't do it...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival says don't do it. Limo driver says don't worry

I'm a limo driver AND have cruised out of Galveston on 9 of my 10 cruises.

I see it from both sides.

When are you going. Fog can be an issue and has caused major delays at times. I think that is the main concern for not making your flight.

Right....and if the port is fogged in even the afternoon flights will be hard to make.

I was on Voyager once in February and when i woke up I thought we were at the dock because the ship wasn't moving. Turns out we were still off the coast of Texas waiting for the fog to lift. Got in to port at 1pm and people were still disembarking at 4pm. Embarking the new passengers started about 6pm.

Oh, then Conquest was late arriving just last Sunday because of the person jumping off the ship on the previous day. I believe it arrived 2 to 3 hours late.

You never know.

Nobody really anwered the question of what is the earliest that you can book a flight out of Houston Hobby... If the limo drivers say that 11:30 time will make it to the airport, is that the earliest that is safe or is there more time added to wait for your flight. Just wondering on this one since someone pointed out the way airlines keep changing flights... Our flights now were also changed and the flights that were available don't seem to be an option anymore :( Is Houston cutting a lot of there flights? iT Is a pain in the A$$ to get a flight to Houston out of boston and back at a decent hour.... Next time we stay in Florida :confused: for our cruise, this is just crazy, We have never had so many problems trying to book a flight ever...

Your question was answered. 11:30 is totally possible with no late docking problems, which could apply to any port. I would not recommend an earlier flight. However, it is still your decision that no one should make for you.

(i.e. we have always made an 11am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Last time, did not get to the airport until 11am and missed flight).

Airlines make their own decisions on flights, not the cities. Sorry you are having problems, but each major city and cruise port are different.

We will never fly to Orlando on the same day of the cruise again as we almost missed the ship due to weather. And I know better as I have traveled all my life:rolleyes:

Nobody really anwered the question of what is the earliest that you can book a flight out of Houston Hobby... If the limo drivers say that 11:30 time will make it to the airport, is that the earliest that is safe or is there more time added to wait for your flight. Just wondering on this one since someone pointed out the way airlines keep changing flights... Our flights now were also changed and the flights that were available don't seem to be an option anymore :( Is Houston cutting a lot of there flights? iT Is a pain in the A$$ to get a flight to Houston out of boston and back at a decent hour.... Next time we stay in Florida :confused: for our cruise, this is just crazy, We have never had so many problems trying to book a flight ever...

Have you tried looking at flights out of Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) instead of Hobby? IAH has flights going all over the world. Hobby is much, much smaller and has limited service.

According to a quick look at airlines between Boston and Houston:

-- 11 airlines operate between Houston, TX and Boston, MA

-- 153,447 seats are available per day to fly out of Houston, TX

connecting to Boston, MA

-- 331 flights per week fly out of Houston, TX connecting to Boston, MA

-- 150,597 seats are available per day to fly out of Boston, MA

connecting to Houston, TX

-- 368 flights per week fly out of Boston, MA connecting to Houston, TX

We have had problems cruising in Florida:

Ft Lauderdale - no one could get off ship and missed 11:15 flight

Miami - Bunch of us had problems getting onto ship

Port Canaveral - Weather and transfers from Orlando a major problem

Of course in Europe also and we have missed flights

with union strikes and weather causing airline delays.

Your answer!

We have sailed into Galveston

and been off ship at 7:15am and been home at 7:45am.

We live in Galveston.

You could have made an early flight easily

that day at Hobby or Bush.

You cannot be promised smooth sailing

and flying anywhere in the world

due to circunstances beyond your control!

No one will guarantee you

you will make a flight!

Your quote:

We have never had so many problems

trying to book a flight ever...

SOUNDS LIKE AN AIRLINE PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!

It could be a Boston problem

not a Houston problem!

The airlines are changing schedules everywhere all the time!!

This is a bilateral Houston/Boston issue and not a unilateral Houston issue!!!

Buy travel insurance and give yourself ample time.

Archived