Travel Insurance

cunnorl

Does anyone have any experience with either Travel Guard or Travelex? We are doing a family reunion cruise this summer and both of these offer a group rate. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If you go to insuremytrip.com, you can compare the coverages of both policies. I have always purchased travel insurance, including both Travel Guard and Travelex, as well as CSA. I believe Travelex gets the best score on insuremytrip.com, but I've never had problems with the other two. I had to put a claim into Travel Guard one time for expenses incurred when our ship got into port very late and we missed our flight. Had no problem. About a month ago, we had to cancel our 10 night Celebrity Summit cruise two weeks before sailing because my husband (45 years old and in seemingly perfect health) had a stroke. I've submitted all the paperwork to CSA, and after speaking with them yesterday regarding our claim, they tell me I should receive a check in approx. 2 weeks. So, we've had good experiences with both of those companies.

Thanks for the replies. I always take the travel insurance and I have used CSA in the past. I have thankfully never had to file a claim. I did a comparision on that website and it listed Travel Guard and Travelex as having the better prices. Before I made a decision, just wanted to hear any experiences from everyone.We are going with a Family Group and I am doing all the research and bookings so I am trying to get the most information I can.

Best of Luck to you and your husband . Hope that he will be feeling better soon. My husband also had a stroke a few years ago at the age of 46. He recovered and is doing well. It is something you do not think about at this age.

Purchased Travelguard last year for our family cruise on the

Disney Wonder. I filed a claim due to hurricane Francis rearranging our trip.

I filed for trip interruption and trip delay received compensation fairly quickly.

I have purchased with them again for our trip on the Valor in May.

Archived