Will my ES form (for OBC) be approved?

Esquared18

I booked an interior in May and then paid $50 to move up to an OV about a month or so ago. I found a Pack & Go rate for an OV that is $150 less than what we paid. Since the rate I found is for the cheapest OV and because of our location, we are not in the cheapest OV, will we still get the OBC? Is it just judged by cabin category, or would it have to apply to our exact cabin location?

I know I will find out in a couple of days, but just thought the experts might be able to give me an idea. :)

I booked an interior in May and then paid $50 to move up to an OV about a month or so ago. I found a Pack & Go rate for an OV that is $150 less than what we paid. Since the rate I found is for the cheapest OV and because of our location, we are not in the cheapest OV, will we still get the OBC? Is it just judged by cabin category, or would it have to apply to our exact cabin location?

I know I will find out in a couple of days, but just thought the experts might be able to give me an idea. :)

I am assuming that you booked Early Saver, yes? If you booked Early Saver you won't get OBC for moving to a Pack & Go cabin as those cabins are guarantees and not covered by Early Saver price protection. You MAY be offered the Pack & Go rate but you'll give up your current cabin and be put in the pool to have one selected for you by Carnival. I've heard of this happening several times recently...

:)

I think the fact you paid the upsell fairy to upgrade might complicate the whole price drop too.

Yes, you have to price match to the exact category. SOMETIMES they have allowed you to price match lower as Mach says .. but its not for sure they will allow you to give up your cabin .. and get the lower price .. but it has happened. Iv been denied on that, but a few people got it .. if you dont care about keeping your same cabin.

PS I matched a pack n go, but I would have preferred to keep my cabin .. and I price matched UPWARD (not downward like you want to do, and ES says you cannot downgrade)

Archived