OBC Letter

hearts12

the letter states i wont accept copies.

thanks, i will give it when i board.

Standard wording so people don't try to use multiple times. You ALWAYS make a copy before giving up your original. In fact, I would hand them a copy and keep the original if I could.

We had a VIP situation once (long story), and it should have been in our reservation. It was not. I had multiple copies of the letter with me explaining the situation. As expected, the first one I gave out seemed to get lost. I just reached into my pocket and produced another one.

Way, way, way easier than getting into any arguments. In fact, there was no further discussion on my part at all.

When I booked my DW and my balcony room I received an OBC but have not received any letter. Do they always mail them out or since I booked through NCL directly is it automaticaly show up on my account. Never had an OBC before. Thanks.:cool:

I always recommend to anyone with bon voyage gifts or OBC to call NCL and ask them to email you an "amenity confirmation". Its easy to do on the phone and they email it to you in a PDF file, easy to print out. It will show any OBC or other amenities you have coming. If anything is missing it is easier to fix before you leave home then when standing at the desk on the ship. Also bring a copy or 2 so if there is a mix up on the ship you have something to show them right away.

When I booked my DW and my balcony room I received an OBC but have not received any letter. Do they always mail them out or since I booked through NCL directly is it automaticaly show up on my account. Never had an OBC before. Thanks.:cool:

Check your booking confirmation. Our OBC was deducted from the total amount due when we booked our cruise on Pride of America this past May (through a TA). We later received an additional OBC because of a price drop, and that was e-mailed to me. I just made sure that it was reflected on my on-board account after boarding the ship. It was there. I did not have to show the voucher at all.

my apologies if i missed something in all of these helpful posts - but if you have an OBC on an NCL cruise booked through a TA, does the TA invoice that shows it suffice as proof with the ship? Should the OBC appear on the edocs (mine doesnt)? Can I still ask NCL for the amenity documentation to be PDFed and emailed? (I kinda doubt this) Just trying to avoid misunderstandings once on board....

• 3 weeks later...
my apologies if i missed something in all of these helpful posts - but if you have an OBC on an NCL cruise booked through a TA, does the TA invoice that shows it suffice as proof with the ship? Should the OBC appear on the edocs (mine doesnt)? Can I still ask NCL for the amenity documentation to be PDFed and emailed? (I kinda doubt this) Just trying to avoid misunderstandings once on board....

I am also wondering about this. Does anyone know if obc shows up when checking your account in your room on the tv? I am going on the Gem and have $600 obc coming, don't want to miss out on any. Thanks

I am also wondering about this. Does anyone know if obc shows up when checking your account in your room on the tv? I am going on the Gem and have $600 obc coming, don't want to miss out on any. Thanks

No TV checking on NCL...at least not on the Gem...

You normally get a slip in your room upon check in too...that has the OBC....

We were on the Gem, and we had an OBC coming from our TA. It only showed on the confirmation from the TA - not on NCL.

When we got to our room, we had a note confirming the OBC, and saying it will be put on our account. It showed up about a day later - we saw it via the account on our TV.

As of last month, the Gem had the on board account detailed on the TV for you to check.

No TV checking on NCL...at least not on the Gem...

You normally get a slip in your room upon check in too...that has the OBC....

We checked our account on the Gem on the TV last year. I can't imagine they got rid of that capability.:confused:

And our OBC was clearly shown on the account on the TV. :)

Sorry, I didn't see the post above mine saying the Gem still does have the capability.

Archived