Beach suggestion needed please

Linco711

Sailing on RCCL and looking for an inexpensive nice beach day (not a rocky beach) with chairs, umbrellas, bathrooms, and drinks..maybe tables and chairs for my DH who has back issues..We'd like something close by and easy to get to..also can you tell us how easy it is to get a taxi and where we would be able to find one? Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks

Has any one been to calico jacks on 7 mile beach or should we stick with royal palms for lunch and drinks?

Calico Jacks is by Sea Grape / Public Beach, I believe, so any of the reviews about that section of Seven Mile Beach will have more info about it.

I prefer Royal Palms, in part because the ship excursions don't tend to go there so it's generally a bit less crowded if there's lots of ships in port.

Sailing on RCCL and looking for an inexpensive nice beach day (not a rocky beach) with chairs, umbrellas, bathrooms, and drinks..maybe tables and chairs for my DH who has back issues..We'd like something close by and easy to get to..also can you tell us how easy it is to get a taxi and where we would be able to find one? Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated:) Thanks

We got a taxi van easily right as we got off the pier. They'll probably be parked there already. If not, wait 5 minutes and one will pull up! It was $2.50 per person each way to get to 7 Mile Beach. We didn't know what part we wanted to go to, so the driver took us to public beach access about 10 minutes from the cruise ship. It was wonderful! Plenty of cab drivers were there a few hours later to get people back to the ship. There were chairs, umbrellas, and all kinds of water sports equipment to rent at the beach. There were also some public pavillions that provided shade for free! The water was spectacular, and the beach wasn't at all crowded. I don't remember if they had bathrooms there or not...

Archived