Changing Rooms question

hott_michelle2001

I called a couple times trying ot change rooms. The first time it was approved and the second time it wasnt. We currently have 4 adults in a oceanview rooms leaving in 37 days. We would like to change to two interior rooms. Being that were after final payment we obviously are having trouble. Although it was okayed once before but my husband wasnt sure he wanted to or not and nothing ever happened with it (go figure :rolleyes:). Do you think it is worth trying to call again and see if they will reconsider, or is it a waste of time?

I called a couple times trying ot change rooms. The first time it was approved and the second time it wasnt. We currently have 4 adults in a oceanview rooms leaving in 37 days. We would like to change to two interior rooms. Being that were after final payment we obviously are having trouble. Although it was okayed once before but my husband wasnt sure he wanted to or not and nothing ever happened with it (go figure :rolleyes:). Do you think it is worth trying to call again and see if they will reconsider, or is it a waste of time?

What rate did you book under? If you booked under the Early Saver Rate, then moving from OV to an interior is a downgrade, and those aren't allowed under ES.

We also are after final payment and trying to see if we can change rooms. I will let you know what I find out if you keep me posted. I would try again for sure...

More the merrier rules mean you have more than 2 poeple in a cabin. You are trying to divide into 2 pax per cabin, thus that's against the terms of the rate you booked.

Well, if its more money to split up, Im not sure they cant give up that particular rate and pay the current price?

OP you might want to ask to speak to a supervisor as at least you are not bound by the no downgrading rule.

I booked past guest and I just got an e-mail from my PVP that she just changed it for me and sent me the new confirmation so I went in and printed out my new Funpass and Luggage tags.

She also added that she tried for either OBC or a refund for price difference instead since my cruise price has dropped but her supervisor said since we were past cancellation they couldn't do that...but they would gladly change our cabin for us and upgraded us to the next category as they were the same price, which was nice because this category was about $300 more when we booked so it was a win-win for all!

What did you change from?

We had a port balcony to an aft balcony...not too much of a change, kept the same number of people in the room.

Did you check to see if there are 2 insides available and what the pricing would be...I would imaging it is going to be higher than the 4 in an ocean view.

Did you book through CCL? If you did, call your PVP that booked your room and ask them to talk to their supervisor. I think the only thing that changes after final payment is that you woudln't get an OBC or any type of refund...if the rooms are availalbe and you don't mind paying the difference I don't see why they wouldn't accomodate you...DEFINATELY CALL!

Archived