ADR Adventure Park- Anyone been?

Fourseventeen

Where is your ship docking? If this is the Carnival cruise listed in your sig I assume you will dock in Puntarenas.

I don't know exactly where ADR is located. If they are on the Damas side of Quepos it can be much quicker to get to than if it's on the Manuel Antonio side of Quepos. The area from Quepos to Manuel Antonio is a VERY popular beach and weekend getaway area so traffic can be heavy and slow during peak times. Especially Friday to Sunday. It's not a bad drive down to Manuel Antonio but it is far enough I'd consider something a bit closer to the port, especially if you are arranging your own transportation and not doing it as a ship sponsored tour. It's not so much that Manuel Antonio is far away. It's that there are so many places in Costa Rica that offer those activities I'd just find one located closer to the dock so you can spend less time on a bus and have less risk missing the boat.

thanks for that info Dane. Maybe you could just fly us to ADR :D ok ok obviously im kidding.

Do you know of a place closer to Punterenas that does this type of thing. We were interested in either doing some really neat ziplining with a hike through the rain forest or maybe doing some rafting and rainforest hiking.

There's an airport just outside Quepos but surprisingly none near Puntarenas. Compared to The States Costa Rica has very few runways. It's a shame. The unpaved, twisty roads really make air the best way to get around sort of like Alaska.

I haven't done ziplines so I can't recommend anything other than to suggest reading through the Costa Rica section and see what others have done. You may need to scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the date to show older posts.

I'm sure you would love ADR. My only reservation is the distance from the ship and arranging transportation. If doing it I would pre-arrange a driver or shuttle and plan to get back to the ship an hour before "all aboard" to give yourself a little margin in case of traffic or a flat tire. If your ship offers it as an excursion jump on it, then any delays are their problem.

Archived