Football on Carnival Glory

leetchie69

There will be games shown on tv throughout the ship and on tv in your cabin. Just know that they may not be the games you want, or expect, to see. I have sailed several times during football season. The games you think will be on, won't be. And the ones nobody cares about, will be televised. This applies to NFL and college. There is no rhyme or reason to this. I saw a near riot in the Legend sports bar last year because the Alabama game was not shown. If you are a hard core football fan on a cruise, keep your hopes high and your expectations low. You may be watching the Chiefs vs. Raiders in the Who Cares Bowl. I'm bringing my satellite radio so I can listen to the Bucs lose. On all of my cruises out of Tampa, I've never been able to see the home team on tv. But then, nobody cares about the Bucs, either..

There actually is a very simple rhyme and reason for which NFL games are shown on board.

The ships get ESPN international, NOT ESPN .

So you get 165 hours or so of every soccer on the planet, then 3 hours of MNF with Spanish graphics on screen.

Zero college football on that ESPN.

You get the Sunday night NBC game on whichever local station that ship is getting.

It used to be every ship had local network channels from Denver.

Now most reports have them coming from Miami. (I have seen a few reviews that swear they had NYC channels)

So on Sunday you should get the Dolphins game that week and whichever other two games the Miami CBS and FOX channels are showing.

So just check an online TV Guide the week before you go and see which 3 games the Miami stations are shoeing.

Bill

The day games Sunday are still a question mark. I wouldn't bet on anything.

Well, according to another thread on this subject the Fox station is the Buffalo station and the CBS station is from Erie. The internet tells me that Fox Buffalo (WUTV) has the Cowboys vs. the 49ers at 4:15 and CBS Erie (WSEE) has the Browns/Colts at 1:00 and the Chargers/Pats at 4:15.

You should also get the Sunday night game on NBC, Eagles/Falcons, and from what others say the Monday Night game on ESPN in spanish, Rams/Giants.

Like you say, the local market games, Browns/Colts in this case, can be stinkers.

Archived