Just Off the Pride Sunday, 9/11...

Mskala

Where did you rent the Jet Ski's from and how much were they?

There is a booth on Lucaya Beach where you can rent various water activities. The jet skis were $70 per jet ski for 30min.

They also have parasailing, snorkeling, and other activities as well.

This was the sailing on the Pride that we did in August 2010- lots of fun! Although I was a bit disappointed in Freeport :( Maybe if we had gone to Nassau last and Freeport first...but after seeing Nassau first- it made Freeport seem too industrial and not "tropical" enough for me. Did you get this feeling too?

I did get this feeling and it is my opinion that unless they do some serious work, Freeport be removed from Carnival's itinerary. However, the free beach at Lucaya was really nice. And on ou rlast trip, we went horseback riding and got to see some of the many unspoiled, although, not as accessible, beaches.

There is a booth on Lucaya Beach where you can rent various water activities. The jet skis were $70 per jet ski for 30min.

They also have parasailing, snorkeling, and other activities as well.

Did they rent wave runners...our DHs can't stand up on the jet skis but dearly love the wave runners. Do you remember seeing any of them? We are on the Pride in October.

I did get this feeling and it is my opinion that unless they do some serious work, Freeport be removed from Carnival's itinerary. However, the free beach at Lucaya was really nice. And on ou rlast trip, we went horseback riding and got to see some of the many unspoiled, although, not as accessible, beaches.

Is there anywhere on the free beach at Lucaya Beach to rent chairs?

Did they rent wave runners...our DHs can't stand up on the jet skis but dearly love the wave runners. Do you remember seeing any of them? We are on the Pride in October.

I believe you're thinking of water skiing. Jetski and Waverunners are the same thing. Just different brand names. You sit down on them.

Thank you for the information! We are booked on Pride for December 4 sailing to Bahamas...it is an 8 hour drive to Baltimore for us but the savings in airfare makes this a great deal for us!

Nice to hear some positive feedback about Pride! Now I am really getting excited!!

when you're getting off, I'm getting on....Can't wait. Hope you have fun

:DWe are going 10-16-11 and are very looking forward to Freeport as we have plans to go to Paradise Cove to snorkle etc. Has anyone done this? and how was it? Looks fun and reasonable!! :D

Port Canaveral is planned to kyak and have a beach day, with some shopping etc.

Nassau is the pondering one. :rolleyes: Anyone know if anyone has a private tour group or guide to do a beach day with food, drink, al inclusive??

Thanks in advance !!:D

Thank you for the information! We are booked on Pride for December 4 sailing to Bahamas...it is an 8 hour drive to Baltimore for us but the savings in airfare makes this a great deal for us!

Nice to hear some positive feedback about Pride! Now I am really getting excited!!

My DH and I have enjoyed cruises on the Pride over the last few years and we are booked for our third voyage in February 2011. Like you, we drive a long distance but we think the savings are worth it. In February the weather is unpredictable and flights can be delayed. DH and I will drive anywhere any time, and are not afraid to drive in the snow! We survived the Blizzard of 1978 and drove from Boston Ma to RI. 10 hours but we made it(LOL).:rolleyes:

We like the layout of the ship, the food and service have been wonderful and the SERENITY area for adults only is great. Enjoy and keep us posted on your experiences! Be sure to try the the Bitter and Blanc desert when it is offered!

Karen:)

• 2 months later...

Archived