Yoga on the Spirit

linky99

I've searched for this question and have found the question asked a few times, but no answers...

Does anyone know if Yoga classes are offered on the Spirit? If so, do you recall times and cost (if any)? Are classes listed on the daily newsletter? Do you have to sign up for them right away or can you just show up? Does anyone have a copy scanned of the Spirit's Daily newsletter (I forgot the name) that they can link me too?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Yes, They are listed in activities.

You can just show up for the class. I think they were every morning at around 9. It cost $10.

I do yoga here at home and tried one class a few years ago. I didn't particularly like it on the ship but you may have a different opinion.

I've been searching all over and not finding the answers to my yoga questions. Do they have yoga mats? How about extra knee pads? Has anyone done the pilates? I presume it's the same price as yoga. I haven't been able to find this info on carnival's site. They don't even mention the cost, just that the classes are available on all of the ships.

I need to take a couple of classes while on my cruise, otherwise I'll be in serious pain when I get home and get back on my regular schedule of two yoga and two pilates classes each week.

I understand the need to stretch and exercise.

I just find the ship's classes disappointing.

I do my own sun salutations/stretching in the cabin.

I just use a large beach towel instead of a mat.

You certainly don't have to bring a mat with you!

I don't remember what equipment they had.

I just find the ship's classes disappointing.

Could you elaborate on why you found the classes disappointing? I'm a yoga teacher and always interested in why people gravitate toward or away from a certain class. Plus, it will help me decide whether I want to even take the class. Thanks!

These classes are listed on my August 2010 Funtimes from the Carnival Spirit

7:00 am-Wake up Stretch

8:00 am Pathway to Yoga(fees apply)

4:00 pm Cycle into Shape(fees apply)

5:00 pm Pilates Class(fees apply)

The classes aren't listed for everyday. It depends whether or not it is a sea day or port day. One time the Pilates class was listed at 4:00 pm and another day at 8:30 am. It also doesn't say what the fees are for the classes.

Archived