Afternoon Tea

globalhoneymooning

What time is afternoon tea? I thought I read somewhere it was 4pm.

Afternoon tea begins between 3:00 and 3:30 pm in the Queens Room, and as pepperrn points out, it's a good idea to get there early. Not only can it be hard to get a seat, but the service can get rushed towards closing time

Hi.

I've known it vary. Recently, if failing memory :confused: serves, its been around a 3 to 3.30 start.

However, as you need to get there early, way before the doors open, in order to get a seat, that may have been the time I started to queue to get into the Queens Room on QM2. :eek: .

Whatever time it is, get there early and don't miss it at least once on a voyage. Very best wishes.

On the QM2 it is 3:30-4:30 pm. in the Queen's Room. If the Captain has a cocktail party scheduled for Britannia classes between 5:15-6 pm. tea is served 3-4 pm. e.g. the first day at sea on a transatlantic it is at 3 pm. The rest of the voyage it is 3:30 pm.

Linda

It starts near 3PM. It's also served in the Wintergarden, if you like less crowds. In the Grills Lounge you have a menu you can choose from. They still like to "just" pour it from standard pots, but you can choose from the menu, if you want something different.

Starts at 3.30 in QG lounge on QV. Tea menu available. Beautiful finger sandwishes, tiny filled croissants and brioches, little cakes and scones, jam and clotted cream. Delicious for the first few days then impossible to consider after that due to breakfast and lunch being so substantial. The hot hors d`oevres served in the bar before dinner were pretty good too!

there is a brief list of different teas available in the queens room. does anyone remember the broth that was served at 11h on earlier crossings?:)

You can choose from a long list of different teas, also the buffet has them as well, the 11am broth is chicken soup, they bring round on deck 7 and also served on the grills deck

... does anyone remember the broth that was served at 11h on earlier crossings?:)

Until the 1980s (maybe a bit longer) it was traditional to serve consommé about 11:00. On the transatlantic it was called bouillon (often pronounced “bullion”) and on the “empire runs,” such as Union-Castle, it was called beef tea.

I remember back in the 70's in Cape Town one of the in-drinks was Beef Consommé (bouillon) with vodka

D

Until the 1980s (maybe a bit longer) it was traditional to serve consommé about 11:00. On the transatlantic it was called bouillon (often pronounced “bullion”) and on the “empire runs,” such as Union-Castle, it was called beef tea.

Archived