Celebrity Eclipse TA, April 21, 2012 MERGED

Turtles06

I know, right??

Hey are you guys going to wear tuxes for formal night? I think I'm going to go the rental route where they have your tux in your stateroom at the beginning of the cruise then take it away at the end. No packing of cufflinks or extra shoes. Love it.

Ugh! Is it April 21st yet???? LOL :D

I know, right??

Hey are you guys going to wear tuxes for formal night? I think I'm going to go the rental route where they have your tux in your stateroom at the beginning of the cruise then take it away at the end. No packing of cufflinks or extra shoes. Love it.

We will bring ours from home, I'm guessing we will pack 5 bags anyways, what's a couple tuxes? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys have it so easy! :)

it's the shoes that kill me. I am such a lazy dresser on a TA. I go for total comfort so I don't bring alot, and that's what on-board laundry is for too! But I will dress up for formal night (which is a sacrifice since it includes putting on socks and underwear and everything).

We will bring ours from home, I'm guessing we will pack 5 bags anyways, what's a couple tuxes? Lol

it's the shoes that kill me. I am such a lazy dresser on a TA. I go for total comfort so I don't bring alot, and that's what on-board laundry is for too! But I will dress up for formal night (which is a sacrifice since it includes putting on socks and underwear and everything).

You sound like my partner when it comes to packing.. If he had his way it would only be jeans and polos packed in a carry on. I make him get dressed up :-)

I am a shoe fanatic, but I hate dress shoes, so I will be in a tux with my sneakers (after dinner of course).

You sound like my partner when it comes to packing.. If he had his way it would only be jeans and polos packed in a carry on. I make him get dressed up :-)

I am a shoe fanatic, but I hate dress shoes, so I will be in a tux with my sneakers (after dinner of course).

Try women's dress shoes for discomfort! :) I want to change into my sneakers after dinner too! Maybe we can start a new fashion trend.

My partner and I both hate to dress up on vacation. This is by no means our first cruise, but our first on X. I hope the clothes stuff isn't too much of a negative.

Try women's dress shoes for discomfort! :) I want to change into my sneakers after dinner too! Maybe we can start a new fashion trend.

My partner and I both hate to dress up on vacation. This is by no means our first cruise, but our first on X. I hope the clothes stuff isn't too much of a negative.

I did the women's shoes once for Halloween, never again!

You don't have to do formal if you don't want, do a specialty restaurant or the buffet on formal nights. Lots of people skip it, so you wouldn't be alone if you did.

I did the women's shoes once for Halloween, never again!

You don't have to do formal if you don't want, do a specialty restaurant or the buffet on formal nights. Lots of people skip it, so you wouldn't be alone if you did.

Thanks, I know we can skip it, but it wouldn't be the same X experience... (Well, we'll see how Formal Night one goes. LOL!)

We may be lesbians, but we do enjoy looking at men in tuxedos...:)

Thanks, I know we can skip it, but it wouldn't be the same X experience... (Well, we'll see how Formal Night one goes. LOL!)

We may be lesbians, but we do enjoy looking at men in tuxedos...:)

Thats very true! Our compromise is: I get to dress us both up and Rob gets to eat my lobster. It works for us lol.

Of course you know gays love seeing a woman all dressed up too! Then we critique the makeup application and the shoe choice with the dress and tell them how they could have done it all differently. :D:D

Of course you know gays love seeing a woman all dressed up too! Then we critique the makeup application and the shoe choice with the dress and tell them how they could have done it all differently. :D:D

Well, I could use your help. :)

(At least on a ship I have no need for a matching purse. LOL!)

We actually don't get "that" formal. Our experience with Celebrity has been that a simple jacket and a nice shirt always seems to do the trick.

We're going to be gone for quite some time so packing for us will be a DEFINITE challenge.

We're staying in Europe for 5 weeks after we get there so we have absolutely no desire to take any more than we have to.

On the last Transatlantic Cruise we were on, I think we saw a grand total of 4 people wearing Tux's.

By the way, there's a Facebook Event Page set up for the cruise. Might be nice to join that too - I did! :)

https://www.facebook.com/matters74#!/events/205879952766771/

I'm on there as well, I'm the one with my partner rolling his eyes at me in my pic...he does that a lot to me lol.

Honee, two words = Easy Spirit. You can run in those puppies and the heel is not too high. But definitely not the same as our patent slip ons for comfort.

The Celebrity crowd on a TA is very relaxed. People get dressed up but there is no rigor in the forma nights. Many men are in suits instead of tuxes. One cruise I wore a formal Chinese jacket.

From my observation, anything black and sparkly counts for Formal Night wear for women. We can have a bedazzling party onboard if need be. We want you to be comfortable and fabulous.

Honee, two words = Easy Spirit. You can run in those puppies and the heel is not too high. But definitely not the same as our patent slip ons for comfort.

The Celebrity crowd on a TA is very relaxed. People get dressed up but there is no rigor in the forma nights. Many men are in suits instead of tuxes. One cruise I wore a formal Chinese jacket.

From my observation, anything black and sparkly counts for Formal Night wear for women. We can have a bedazzling party onboard if need be. We want you to be comfortable and fabulous.

A Bedazzle Party sounds FUN! LOL

LOL! Thanks for giving me a good laugh. I do comfortable very well; fabulous... not so much. :)

We're really looking forward to meeting all of you...

Hey what are you guys going to do, if anything, for shore excursions? I'm just going to the little cafe square in Punta and then have lunch at one of those little cafes along the wharf. For Le Havre, I think I'm going to take the train to Rouen and wander around. As for Cork, that's unsettled. Somebody suggested hiring a cabbie and getting a private tour of Cork and its surroundings which sounds good to me. Has anyone been to Cork?

Hey what are you guys going to do, if anything, for shore excursions? I'm just going to the little cafe square in Punta and then have lunch at one of those little cafes along the wharf. For Le Havre, I think I'm going to take the train to Rouen and wander around. As for Cork, that's unsettled. Somebody suggested hiring a cabbie and getting a private tour of Cork and its surroundings which sounds good to me. Has anyone been to Cork?

This will be our first time in Le Havre, and we've joined up with some others on the Roll Call and are going on a private tour of the Normandy Beaches. Of all the ports, I'm the most excited about this. (It's the history buff in me.) I'm reading The Longest Day now, and plan to re-watch the film version (which I haven't seen in decades) before we leave. Maybe Saving Private Ryan again too (but that may be a bit much). I read Stephen Ambrose's fantastic D-Day when it came out. (Had we been to Le Havre before, your plan of visiting Rouen would be very appealing to us. Sounds like a great idea and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day.)

We've been to Cork before (many years ago), and kissed the Blarney Stone (blech, and you'll know what I mean if you've ever done it), and also driven around the (beautiful) Ring of Kerry, so we are heading out with some others on a private tour of the Kinsale area.

As for Ponta Delgada -- we normally shun the ship's tours, but this is the one place where I would absolutely not want to miss the ship, so we are doing Celebrity's 4WD tour. (I'm probably worrying for nothing on that score, but I want to have a relaxing day and not worry about some guy's car breaking down up in the mountains...) We should be back in time to visit the town....

In le havre, we are definitely doing a d-day tour, when we were there before we skipped it and everyone told us how amazing the entire day was.

For the Azores, we will just take it easy and walk around. Having been there before, we know the couple things we want to see, then just back on the ship.

Cork... Well, we don't know. Nothing to intense, but maybe a tour or just a trip for some shopping. Any ideas?

Archived