Any "JUICERS" out there? Let's do it!

TravelRocker

Whew, I am back-on-track, had a bit of a "backslide" during my Birthday weekend but am wine, cake and chocolated out now so can get back to business, juice all the way today for me!

Tried some frozen berries this time along with the usual pineapple, apples and papaya, it was delicious! It's amazing what you can throw in there and what comes out, a new thrill a day.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by cruise time, 4 months away and it's going to be a big challenge because right now I am hobbling along with just the worst Sciatica, just want to stab myself with a Cortisone shot or something! (anyone have any suggestions for "nerve" pain???) I'm going to try a bicycle to get some exercise in but just hope against hope that the pressure of the seat doesn't activate that big nerve back there. I know thay have those big padded numbers, some with gel so it may work, anyone have one? I'm just looking for an "old school" cruiser type. Saw some darling pink ones for rent close to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk a few weeks ago.

Talk to everyone soon, Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, well, have been stupidly busy the last week or so. We are painting our house and you know how much work that is, we're almost done, just the doors and porches left to go. Then we put the garden back together, what a mess that can be.

I start my Aqua Therapy tonight after work and am pretty excited about it. I love the water and they have a huge pool, gym, sauna/spa and smoothie bar. I need to work on getting my body "straightened" out, hip is off causing the knee to go out and because everything is "connected" it's almost comical.

One good thing, I have been losing weight with my juice plan. I put on a T-Shirt this morning I bought in Las Vegas and it's almost a size too big now! My therapist said every little bit will help my hip. Yeah!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! My name is Stephanie and today is my third day of juicing. My brother got me the Big Boss Juicer from amazon After we watched the documentary from netflix. For the most part I am doing okay. I felt really sleepy the first two days but now I feel like I have tons of energy! My goal is be on juice only until my cruise. I will probably break it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my Birthday(Jan. 6). I was surprised at how tasty every thing is! Even the vegetable juices are pretty good! I'm 5'6 at 218lbs, I want to be below the 200's for the first time in 7 years!

Wish me Luck:D ~Steph

Hello Fellow Juicers!

I started juicing again after a 8 year hiatus. It's been three weeks and I feel the health!! I notice the increase energy! I've lost five pounds which is beneficial but I'm doing it more for the health. I've also been drinking 2 ounces of wheatgrass a day... wheatgrass juice contains chlorophyll and has the widest range of vitamins and minerals of any of the vegetables.

I also add the kale pulp to my salads - which I think are quite tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All! Started juicing this morning after about a 4-month hiatus. I had 3 stalks celery, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, and 1 apple. Very satisfying!

I'm planning to juice twice per day, before breakfast and before dinner. I just bought this book and am looking forward to trying her recipes. I think juicing along with my 17-Day Diet will really help me look and feel healthy again. :)

I'm not a full time juicer but just returned from my husband's native Nicaragua, where juicing is the daily way of life.

One thing I learned is how to make "real" Lemonade..Limonada as they call it..they actually put entire lemons in with water and whatever sweetner (they use raw sugar) and juice the entire lemon and all..and strain after.

WOW...is it LEMON-Y!. I would think this would be a perfect one for alleviating bloat which is what lemon water does..you could add Steveia to it to sweeten. I've had it with limes, too.

Pura vida!:)

Hi All! Started juicing this morning after about a 4-month hiatus. I had 3 stalks celery, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, and 1 apple. Very satisfying!

I'm planning to juice twice per day, before breakfast and before dinner. I just bought this book and am looking forward to trying her recipes. I think juicing along with my 17-Day Diet will really help me look and feel healthy again. :)

Good luck Faith. I was wondering if you knew anything about the Juice Lady's Turbo Diet? I saw that one as well on Amazon and I was confused as to which would be the better choice.

I'm thinking of buying the Turbo Diet.....I need something TURBO!!!!!!! My cruise is in about 20 days!

I was shopping at Walmart (aka WalFart as I call it).and there was a juicer there, LaBreille (I think)..800 watts, stainless steel with a centrifuge system..it was more powerful than Jack LaLane...and it was 49.99

I used it today, was very happy with it..cleaned easily, and not much pulp

The one I really want is industrial grade and is 200..00 but my new husband and I have a holiday home and our home so "putting together two households" so thought we would use this one less and put it in the holiday home so it was a bargain.

The only downside..and maybe this was a fluke.is that the instructions manual was TOTALLY in french..but enough pictures to figure out what to do easily.

Excellent buy for someone who wants to try juicing.

• 1 month later...

Great to hear all of your stories. Keep up the good work.:)

The Kale & Pear Smoothie is a good one for you to try. I too have kale in my garden. I live in northern Il. & my kale is still useable. It is so hearty.

I make this in my Vita-Mix but you can juice or blend it in your blender.

1 Cup green grapes

1 Orange

1/2 Bartlett Pear

1 Banana fresh or frozen

1 Cup Kale

1/2 Cup water

2 Cups Ice Cubes

For Vita Mix

Turn on to speed #10 than high for 1 1/2 mins.

Enjoy with someone you love.

You may alter to the way you like.:D

Here's one of my favorite Green Juice - use the Hurom Juicer:

Bunch of Kale

1 apple

10 carrots

3 stawberries

-----I drink this every weekday morning

Within my vitamin mix, I've tried:

2 cups of spinach

2 cups of water

1 apple

1/2 lemon

1/2 orange

pinch of ginger

---- this probably will become my evening smoothie.

• 3 weeks later...
Am not a diehard juicer, but returned from 2 week trip to an eco hotel in central america, and the diet was 99% vegetarian with chicken once a wek..the rest of the time all fresh made juices and veggies..I dropped 11lbs without ever being hungry and I have no inflammation.

How do you like the Jack juicer? I am looking for one but want one that isn't going to waste the pulp..I saw a commercial grade one for around 200.00 I was thinking of buying because I don't want to waste the pulp. Is it pretty speedy?

My wife and I are hard core juicers. We have a Breville juicer but have always wanted a Norwalk. Yesterday I juiced Greens... (4 types of lettuce, green and red chard, beet greens, water cress, kale, purple cabbage, green peppers, green apple and a little lemon), Beet... (beets, carrots and apple), Carrot... (carrots and apples). We juice as often as we can get to Whole Foods and afford it - all organic is a must. We have 5 kids and are health nuts; work out at least 5 days a week and try to eat foods that are "alive" as much as possible. It's nice to hear there are others out there. We are cruising in March and have been preparing for a month now. Keep this post going so we can educate others and learn from one another. Have a great day!

Archived