ebay/chinafolkcollect88 anyone used them?

Cozzette2

I found some really beautiful clothing from this seller and wondered if anyone has had any experience with this seller? They have a good Ebay rating and they have free shipping. I know the sizes are Chinese sizing and I will have to take some measurements to make sure it fits but some of the Kimonos and pashminas are gorgeous and so reasonable. They also have beautiful dresses and jackets but then everthing look good on line.

I guess I could order something and see what the quality looks like. Most everything is silk/satin fabric.

Has anyone ordered from Chinafolkcollect88?

Kris

No, but I don't understand their fabric listing. How can something be "22% silk and 78% satin"? I am guessing more like 100% rayon or polyester. Also, the pashmina just can't be "55% pashmina and 45% silk" for that price. I am wondering what their definition of pashmina is.

Some of their feedback seems odd. A buyer posts that quality is poor, yet they leave positive feedback? Also, there are listing violations in their auctions; you are not allowed to add, "if you want different colors, email us". This is fee avoidance, and I never trust any seller who goes around the rules.

So it doesn't look like anyone has used this site. How about any of the other chinese sites?

I think I will go ahead and order something and see how the quality is and let you know if I have found a winner:D

Kris

Did you read the neutral feedback? Be VERY careful on the sizing :) Also, be aware that if you need to return the item, shipping can be expensive.

Ok, now I have some feed back and it is some good advise. I haven't ordered yet because I am of the school of thought that if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is:D I did find a beautiful jacket and the price is under $30 with free shipping so I may still try it. I'll let you know how it works out.

Kris

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, today I took the plunge and ordered a jacket from China. I expect it to be lite weight but if it fits and the color is the same as the picture I think I will be happy with it. It was free shipping and $30. I probably couldn't make it for the price, but I guess I won't know until I actually see it. It could be 12-28 days. If it doesn't fit I wouldn't send it back, I would just give it away and maybe try again if it looks like something I really like.

I will let you know, Kris

Archived