E Mail From Mr A Buckelew Re Food

Shogun

"Wow just curious.. I wonder exactly how many "Alot people happy" is, and how is making food and dining choices less available on Princess ship is making them so happy ?? "

the only happy people are the princess stock holders that stand to make more profit from their investments once the mdr closes at lunch on port days...

It could have very well came from Mr. Buckelew.

Bob Dickinson from Carnival used to personally respond to emails cruisers sent him. Other top execs with other cruise lines have done so also.

It is when the big execs don't pay attention to opinions of their customers, they lose perspective on what they clients want. This is why the Jet Blue President flies as a regular passenger on his planes regularly and speaks with passengers. I have heard of other execs who periodically call their own 800 number and see how they are treated.

If Buckelew is concerned about his line, he is smart to periodically monitor emails sent directly to him, even if he doesn't have time to reply personally to each one.

If Shogun sent this out anytime after 10 or 11 pm Friday night his time, odds are the head of Princess was already out the door in Santa Clarita, CA. So I'm guessing this is really a canned letter dreamed up by a lawyer ahead of time ready to be sent on issues about food. You noticed that nothing was really referred to specifically. No "we feel the new hours of operation of the buffet" or "the utilization of the main dining rooms while in port." A very general reply.

I'm just surprised that someone was at corporate answering emails on a Saturday.

I'll probably get flamed here, but why do they need to have a survey as to how many people use the dining room on port days or HC after midnight? Surely they know how many people eat in the dining room or HC at any given time, and if they are keeping these venues open when only a few are utilizing them, it makes sense to limit them. Now if 500 to 1000 out of 3400 are using the HC after midnight or the dining room on a port day, keep it open. IF only 100 are, then it makes no sense to make all of that food and keep it staffed and open. Just because a the small percentage of those of us on CC are anticipating the loss doesn't mean it makes sense for the company to lose money.

Oh, and I was just on the CB and the coffee in the Horizon and MDR was awesome! I had it last year and couldn't drink it. This year I had at least 2 cups each meal. Very much improved. So, they do listen to us.

Let the flames begin.

Can someone tell me the changes? From what I can gather, no lunch in dining room on port days, but what are the new buffet hours? My husband and I just love to go get our midnight snack - even though it's rather limited to chips, cheese, crackers, pepperoni and such.... but, we're late night types and we love our late night snacks!

(I'm personally okay with dining room closing during lunch on port days... we never eat breakfast or lunch in there anyway, having tried each twice and been so seriously disappointed each time with the "Denny's or worse" type of food offered there at non-dinner times)

It’s all a matter of standards of service, with penny pinching being the bottom line. Airlines 40 or 50 years ago gave good service then the mass market became the norm. That was when too many airlines were formed with too few customers, so that, so as to fill them, prices came down to attract more travelers. That was when standards had to drop. We see this attitude now with the cruise lines, all, trying to fill too many ships, so bargains have to be "created" to fill the empty spaces, to such an extent, that income to the industry lessens. Mergers then occur, virtual monopolies arise and customers are screwed.

Food at lunch time should be an enjoyable experience. Food in general is a major part of cruising, let’s face it you can sun yourself and have café type of food on any beech in the world, for a quarter of the price of cruising.

Wake up Princess, become leaders of quality, don’t join the pack of the lower echelon cruise lines.:mad:

If Shogun sent this out anytime after 10 or 11 pm Friday night his time' date=' odds are the head of Princess was already out the door in Santa Clarita, CA. So I'm guessing this is really a canned letter dreamed up by a lawyer ahead of time ready to be sent on issues about food. You noticed that nothing was really referred to specifically. No "we feel the new hours of operation of the buffet" or "the utilization of the main dining rooms while in port." A very general reply.

I'm just surprised that someone was at corporate answering emails on a Saturday.[/quote']

The Bucklew answer did not answer the question at all. Whoever wrote it must be an ex politician as he completely skirted answerimg the question.

Hi All

If a few of us e mail and we all get the same reply then we know its standard,

however a couple of points my e mail would have arrived around 5.00am in the morning and reply came in 7.00am US time.

However I have had e mails from Princess people, at the bottom there is the normal 1000 words of small print that a lawyer has added

the e mails from customer care or from the man do not have this which makes me think that these are approved communications and as such do not need such cover wording at the bottom.

yours shogun

If Shogun sent this out anytime after 10 or 11 pm Friday night his time' date=' odds are the head of Princess was already out the door in Santa Clarita, CA. So I'm guessing this is really a canned letter dreamed up by a lawyer ahead of time ready to be sent on issues about food. You noticed that nothing was really referred to specifically. No "we feel the new hours of operation of the buffet" or "the utilization of the main dining rooms while in port." A very general reply.

I'm just surprised that someone was at corporate answering emails on a Saturday.[/quote]

they work 24/7 in India. ;)

Shogun, I sent an email to that customer relations email address and just got the same canned standard reply as was posted by others on the closed MDR dining thread. I would also like to send an email to Mr. Buckelew unless you think that it would not be advisable. Should I use the email address posted by Princess Patches earlier on this thread?

Shogun, I sent an email to that customer relations email address and just got the same canned standard reply as was posted by others on the closed MDR dining thread. I would also like to send an email to Mr. Buckelew unless you think that it would not be advisable. Should I use the email address posted by Princess Patches earlier on this thread?

Mr. Bucklew is not going to read or respond to your email. We had a serious issue we contacted him about. Sent a letter registered, return receipt requested. We still did not get a response from HIM. We did get a phone call from one of the attorneys who left a message on our machine. We called the attorney back 3 times and got no further response. :rolleyes:

Hi Montgomeryfamily,

My view is that the more contact between Princess and us their customers, can only be a good thing, while we may not agree about issues, the more Princess hears our views the better,

I do not expect the man himself will see our e mails, but he may well get a report about what topics or views are being sent to Princess.

yours Shogun

It’s all a matter of standards of service, with penny pinching being the bottom line. Airlines 40 or 50 years ago gave good service then the mass market became the norm. That was when too many airlines were formed with too few customers, so that, so as to fill them, prices came down to attract more travelers. That was when standards had to drop. We see this attitude now with the cruise lines, all, trying to fill too many ships, so bargains have to be "created" to fill the empty spaces, to such an extent, that income to the industry lessens. Mergers then occur, virtual monopolies arise and customers are screwed.

Food at lunch time should be an enjoyable experience. Food in general is a major part of cruising, let’s face it you can sun yourself and have café type of food on any beech in the world, for a quarter of the price of cruising.

Wake up Princess, become leaders of quality, don’t join the pack of the lower echelon cruise lines.:mad:

I have no feelings one way or the other about the MDR being closed on port days, but would like to respond to the above. :)

Airlines and flying are a way of life with some people. They HAVE to fly for work ect... Cruising is different as we all CHOOSE to cruise. The cruise lines should think about that when it comes down to picking away at the luxury's we all have come to know and love. If someone takes away a luxury, another line just may come along and pick it up.

Archived