Regent vs Oceania

shedridt

Do past guests of Regent receive any reciprocal or "past guest" benefits on Oceania or vice-versa, do past guests of Oceania receive reciprocal or "past guest" benefits on Regent?

One of the benefits to cruising with Celebrity, Azamara and the other one (Royal Caribbean) is that one can combine all credits and get past passenger benefits.

Do past guests of Regent receive any reciprocal or "past guest" benefits on Oceania or vice-versa, do past guests of Oceania receive reciprocal or "past guest" benefits on Regent?

One of the benefits to cruising with Celebrity, Azamara and the other one (Royal Caribbean) is that one can combine all credits and get past passenger benefits.

There are no reciprocal benefits between the two lines. IMHO the past guest benefits on Regent are superior to those on Oceania.

Dave

The benefits for past cruisers on Regent (more than 21 nights) fixes one of the biggest and most enduring ongoing complaints about Oceania....the Internet. Once at that level (at least for now? Hoping management at R and O send that benefit O's way...) you get web access for free. Not much faster, if at all, but at least you don't see dollar signs (or Euro signs, I guess) ticking off while you wait for an interminable period of time with their connection.

Of course, many folks now wait for onshore connections since they are becoming so ubiquitous. Perhaps that will drive down cost in the long run (kind of like the disappearance of phone booths with the advent of cell phones).

Regards, Bob H

While everyone is trying to compare Regent to Oceania, the one topic that was left off was Business Air. We went with Regent in June "White Nights" and our round trip airfare was $1998 per Person, total $3,996. While looking at the Business Class Air fare on Oceania, Venice to Athens, April 2012, the Business Air was $3,799 per person, total $7,598. We are not snobs for Business Air, however, as you get older flying over the ocean at night, Business Air cannot be touched unless you fly First Class. When we landed at Heathrow, Regent took us to our included hotel for either a night on the town, we went to a play in London, or a good nights sleep with transportation the next morning to your ship included. Regent Hands Down!:p:D:):rolleyes:

FTRPLT

In my opinion, (It is the best of course as it is mine.), there is a lot to consider if you are comparing Regent Vs. Oceania.....We have sailed both lines and will continue to do so especially because of the two new-builds that Oceania has or will have. I really believe that Oceania is now two different products, Regatta, Insignia etc. as opposed to Marina and Riviera. We will sail on Marina in January and July and on the Mariner this November and next March....I have yet to hear any negativity as to Oceanias Marina. I have no interest in sailing on Oceanias' small R ships as they do not suit our personal likes due to their small size. We likewise much prefer Regents' Mariner and Voyager over Navigator because of their size allowing for more amenities and public space in general...Another thing that I believe makes a great deal of difference in our cruise enjoyment is the quality of the General Manager first and secondly the Exectutive Chef. After 60+ cruises it still surprises me from time to time how differently an experience can be from one cruise to another on the same ship sailing the same itenerary one year apart. we find it is usually the result of a different General Manager or Hotel Manager. (Two ways of saying the same thing.)...All in all it is my opinion that a person can be very comfortable sailing on either line or both..I know that many or maybe most posters disagree with the current policy of moving key personnel back and forth between Regent and Oceania but I think it is a very smart decision...I know from first hand experience what a tremendous improvement was made on the Marina when Carlo Gunetti was brought over from Oceania...To sum up, the cross breeding of Oceania and Regent has created two similar products with differences caused mostly by seperate revenue policies....I, for one, intend to enjoy both !!!:D

Archived