Carnival Freedom 8 Day Eastern Caribbean Review 09/10/11 - 09/18/11 LOTS of PICS

OMG..your review is really making me think of changing my itin to this one. especially since I have never been to Antigua or Tortola..hmmm :D

Dh and I went to Antigua and Tortola and I tell everyone if you can go there you must go... It is so amazing!!!! The views, the water, the people OMG I can't say enough...

this review has me sold on my cruise for next year. Carnival Freedom itinerary...

I had been going back and forth between it and another cruise but your review has helped my decision...

thanks!! :D

Hi Melana,

This is a great itinerary! I think you will really enjoy it. I'm glad that my review was able to help you come to a decision!

Thanks so much for your review! It has really helped me plan my trip in 12 days!

Question: We are thinking of going to Atlantis and doing the Aquaventure Half Day as you described. When I click on the departure time, it says the duration is 4 hours (12:30-4:30) . However when I look at the description of the excursion, it says you may take the complimentary bus on your own back to the ship which goes every half hour until 5:30, or even take a taxi after that. Did you find this to be true? I don't think I am going to book it if it is from 12:30-4:30! Did you feel like you had enough time? Thanks! :D:D

I think those might be Moray Eels. Are you talking about the ones in the pots or the ones in the picture where there is about a million fish? The ones in the pots are eels for sure....just guessing that they are Moray.

Did you get the refund from the parasailing?

Yes, we ended up getting the refund. We went to the shore excursion desk on the last sea day to see if they could check on it for us. They contacted the company and found out that they thought that we were on the Dream. We were refunded immediately once they were told that we were on the Freedom.

Let'sDoThisCruiseThing,

I have been a lurker on Cruise Critic for quite some time now. I have never even had an account until today. I had to open an account so that I could reply to tell you that this is the BEST review that I have ever read. I appreciate all of the details and pictures. It took me all week to get through your review, but it was totally worth it. For those of us that have never been on a cruise it’s almost like you took us with you. I could never lock down a ship/itinerary that I wanted to take until now. Now I think we are actually going to take the next step and book the Freedom 8 day eastern itinerary. It didn’t take much for you to sway me :) Your pictures of the destinations were gorgeous. Just wanted to say that YOU ROCK!

P.S. I spit water all over my computer screen when I read the part about being on the LOST island and pushing the button. :eek: I was a Lostie too and watched that show religiously. You have a great sense of humor.

Becca

Thank you so much for posting this review, we will be doing this exact itinerary sailing on November 5 for our honeymoon. What a great insight into the ship and ports :) 36 days seems like an eternity to wait.

I really appreciate that you posted the fun times also, I am looking forward to seeing the Ticket to Ride show and thought that it was playing several times but it looks like it might only be on one night.

Thanks again!

Let'sDoThisCruiseThing,

I have been a lurker on Cruise Critic for quite some time now. I have never even had an account until today. I had to open an account so that I could reply to tell you that this is the BEST review that I have ever read. I appreciate all of the details and pictures. It took me all week to get through your review, but it was totally worth it. For those of us that have never been on a cruise it’s almost like you took us with you. I could never lock down a ship/itinerary that I wanted to take until now. Now I think we are actually going to take the next step and book the Freedom 8 day eastern itinerary. It didn’t take much for you to sway me :) Your pictures of the destinations were gorgeous. Just wanted to say that YOU ROCK!

P.S. I spit water all over my computer screen when I read the part about being on the LOST island and pushing the button. :eek: I was a Lostie too and watched that show religiously. You have a great sense of humor.

Becca

WOW! Thank you for your nice comments! I'm glad that my review helped you decide on your cruise.

Thank you so much for posting this review, we will be doing this exact itinerary sailing on November 5 for our honeymoon. What a great insight into the ship and ports :) 36 days seems like an eternity to wait.

I really appreciate that you posted the fun times also, I am looking forward to seeing the Ticket to Ride show and thought that it was playing several times but it looks like it might only be on one night.

Thanks again!

You're welcome Ladybug256. Have a great time on your honeymoon cruise. 36 days will be here in no time! I'm glad I was able to help with the FunTimes. I looked everywhere for FunTimes for this itinerary so that we could plan a little better with no luck. Enjoy your trip!

You're welcome Ladybug256. Have a great time on your honeymoon cruise. 36 days will be here in no time! I'm glad I was able to help with the FunTimes. I looked everywhere for FunTimes for this itinerary so that we could plan a little better with no luck. Enjoy your trip!

how is the freedom i will be on her in november,how is the decor of the ship and the pools

how is the freedom i will be on her in november,how is the decor of the ship and the pools

Well, the Freedom is an awesome ship....the decor is not for everyone, very busy but I personally liked it. I can't really explain it because everyone has their own opinion on what they like. You can read reviews where people flame the decor and call it gaudy or tacky...then you will read others where people appreciated the decor like a work of art. I guess you will be the judge in November. The pools were always full of people, so it's not like you can actually swim in them. Have a great time....I wish I was going!