Carnival Freedom 8 Day Eastern Caribbean Review 09/10/11 - 09/18/11 LOTS of PICS

I was wondering if Atlantis if more of a kids place or if it's fun for adults too. We are trying to figure out if we would want to go there or make other plans in The Bahamas.

i am so sorry that i posted that question so many times. my question wasn't showing up after i hit the post reply button. i'm a newbie please forgive me.

It was about 1:40 now and I decided to leave the rolling suitcase' date=' my purse and the backpack with DB and go check on the cabin. It was a short walk down one flight of stairs and around the corner to our cabin. We were on Deck 8 - Verandah. I got to the cabin, inserted the Sail and Sign card and it was ready! Yesssss. Gave a quick call to DB and he was on his way.[/color']

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* The Cabin *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

I haven't found many pictures or reviews about this cabin that were to my satisfaction prior to this cruise. Maybe one or two pictures total. This was a good and a bad thing. Bad, because I really wanted to know what it looked like. Good, because it was a nice surprise to see it for myself for the first time in person. There were no pictures of this cabin on cruiselinerooms dot com. Well, that will change now!

We were in Aft Cabin 8450 with an extended balcony. In my opinion…the best cabin ever! Well, I AM partial to this cabin now. :) All of the positives outweigh any negatives. We actually had a hard time coming up with any negatives. This balcony is at the aft (rear of the ship) It is extended, so it is larger than any of the side balconies. Our cabin was right next to the aft wrap balcony and on deck 8, cabins 8450 and 8455 have more length and width than all of the aft balconies on this deck. None of the other decks have this balcony. It’s special :) Just look at the dividers on the pic below.

How nice! we are booked in 8450 in March. Looked forward to it!

It was about 1:40 now and I decided to leave the rolling suitcase' date=' my purse and the backpack with DB and go check on the cabin. It was a short walk down one flight of stairs and around the corner to our cabin. We were on Deck 8 - Verandah. I got to the cabin, inserted the Sail and Sign card and it was ready! Yesssss. Gave a quick call to DB and he was on his way.[/color']

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* The Cabin *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

I haven't found many pictures or reviews about this cabin that were to my satisfaction prior to this cruise. Maybe one or two pictures total. This was a good and a bad thing. Bad, because I really wanted to know what it looked like. Good, because it was a nice surprise to see it for myself for the first time in person. There were no pictures of this cabin on cruiselinerooms dot com. Well, that will change now!

We were in Aft Cabin 8450 with an extended balcony. In my opinion…the best cabin ever! Well, I AM partial to this cabin now. :) All of the positives outweigh any negatives. We actually had a hard time coming up with any negatives. This balcony is at the aft (rear of the ship) It is extended, so it is larger than any of the side balconies. Our cabin was right next to the aft wrap balcony and on deck 8, cabins 8450 and 8455 have more length and width than all of the aft balconies on this deck. None of the other decks have this balcony. It’s special :) Just look at the dividers on the pic below.

How nice! we are booked in 8450 in March. Looked forward to it!

You will love this cabin!

I was wondering if Atlantis if more of a kids place or if it's fun for adults too. We are trying to figure out if we would want to go there or make other plans in The Bahamas.

Hi buymeacruiseplease,

No, I felt like Atlantis was equally for adults and children. If you aren't sure if Atlantis has what you are looking for, you might want to stop by their website to see what is offered before you make any decisions.

Atlantis is a very good excursion for both kids and adults. We (in our 50's) enjoyed touring the aquarium as well as the rest of the main resort area. The harbor tour is also informative. Much better time spent than walking the stores. There are day sail options too of course (also on shoretrips.com).

[EDIT]

When you say "...make other plans in the Bahamas" I assume you're ony looking at New Providence Island and Nassau, right? The Atlantis resort is on neighboring Paradise Island and is a good excursion, still leaves time for shopping, etc.

Edited by blue_water

Atlantis is a very good excursion for both kids and adults. We (in our 50's) enjoyed touring the aquarium as well as the rest of the main resort area. The harbor tour is also informative. Much better time spent than walking the stores. There are day sail options too of course (also on shoretrips.com).

[EDIT]

When you say "...make other plans in the Bahamas" I assume you're ony looking at New Providence Island and Nassau, right? The Atlantis resort is on neighboring Paradise Island and is a good excursion, still leaves time for shopping, etc.

Thank you blue water. I think we are going to go to atlantis. It looks like fun! I am a big kid at heart anyways!

Thank you for sharing this cruise, pics and all the information. My wife and I booked this cruise a while back but we werent certain how, or where to go. We booked the Embassy Suites, your review helped us soo much! Thank you again!!!

Thank you for sharing this cruise, pics and all the information. My wife and I booked this cruise a while back but we werent certain how, or where to go. We booked the Embassy Suites, your review helped us soo much! Thank you again!!!

Hi Ply474,

I'm so happy to have helped you! If I could make it easier for at least one person, I have done my job. Thank you & have an awesome trip :-)

Thank you so much for the review!! We are going on Jan. 28th and can't wait! Only 96 days left!! This review has been great! We are from Kansas City too! (Shawnee) We should form a cruise support group for when we are having withdraws from the islands! :D

Thank you so much for the review!! We are going on Jan. 28th and can't wait! Only 96 days left!! This review has been great! We are from Kansas City too! (Shawnee) We should form a cruise support group for when we are having withdraws from the islands! :D

Another Kansas City cruiser! I didn't realize how many of us there were until this review. I'm sooo jealous that you will be escaping from the Kansas winter that we all love so much! (wink wink) Have a great time....you will LOVE the Freedom.

• 1 month later...

When we first saw this post, we thought it was ours.. LOL, we are flying SW, staying on the 12th floor of Embassy Suites with a port view, i think the same room too!! We have the same pics of the koi in the pond, and went to the same grocery store! Too Funny!

Just found your review. Great review!

We were getting on the ship when you got off. We did the Western itinerary. Loved it so much we're doing it again in Oct 2012. The kids are going with us this time around.

I think we might try the Embassy Suites this time. It looks cool. We stayed at the Springhill Suites last time, and I wasn't that impressed with them.

Edited by DOTTE

• 1 month later...
Just found your review. Great review!

We were getting on the ship when you got off. We did the Western itinerary. Loved it so much we're doing it again in Oct 2012. The kids are going with us this time around.

I think we might try the Embassy Suites this time. It looks cool. We stayed at the Springhill Suites last time, and I wasn't that impressed with them.

Hi Dotte...how awesome that you are from Wyandotte County. Not far from us :-) I didn't realize that there are so many KS/MO cruisers