Waves menu for Marina

SLois

Has the Waves menu changed recently? Before we reserved our Nov. 2 Marina trip, we read reviews of the new Waves menu and found a copy of it showing new items such as Wagyu burgers and the lobster/filet sandwich. Yesterday when making our specialty dining reservations, we checked the current Marina Waves menu on Oceania's website. It looks the same as the Insignia Waves menu.

Does anyone know if the Waves menu on Marina is now the same as on the smaller ships? Or is the Oceania website displaying the wrong Waves menu for Marina?

Many thanks,

Sandy

Has the Waves menu changed recently? Before we reserved our Nov. 2 Marina trip, we read reviews of the new Waves menu and found a copy of it showing new items such as Wagyu burgers and the lobster/filet sandwich. Yesterday when making our specialty dining reservations, we checked the current Marina Waves menu on Oceania's website. It looks the same as the Insignia Waves menu.

Does anyone know if the Waves menu on Marina is now the same as on the smaller ships? Or is the Oceania website displaying the wrong Waves menu for Marina?

Many thanks,

Sandy

Could not get a clear photo- Sailing on the Marina in November, but the newest brochure received a few days ago list:

Gourmet burgers. Texan and Romano

Texan- Black angus sirloin burger, jalapeno cheddar, sauteed onions, bacon and bbq sauce

Romano -Black angus sirloin burger, provolone, roasted peppers and pesto sauce

Grilled Panini -Prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, tomato and basil

The Surf & Turf lobster sandwich-medallions/black angus filet

From the Grill

Blackened and grilled salmon

Grilled herb marinated mahi mahi

BBQ ribs and grilled lamb chops

Hand Dipped Milkshakes

Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana

Freshly made smoothies

Mango fusion, strawberry banana, strawberry sensastion, tropical temptation

Many thanks,

Sandy

I think the new menu is fleet wide

The menu currently posted on the website looks exactly like the one on our last Insignia trip in December 2010. It doesn't include many of the items listed above by A Knitter, for example, salmon, ribs, lamb chops, and the lobster/filet sandwich.

I hope the website is wrong and the menu listed by A Knitter will be provided fleetwide.

The menu currently posted on the website looks exactly like the one on our last Insignia trip in December 2010. It doesn't include many of the items listed above by A Knitter, for example, salmon, ribs, lamb chops, and the lobster/filet sandwich.

I hope the website is wrong and the menu listed by A Knitter will be provided fleetwide.

Well that is interesting

I see on the website under Marina the waves menu is the same as the R-ships

Marina does have a larger grill area there but I failed to notice any lamb chops or salmon there :eek:

My favourites

Or maybe I was not looking close enough

I know in the Terrace in the new grill area on Marina they had lost of very good selections like steak, lamb chops, shrimp, ribs cooked to order

Maybe someone on the R-ships recently will comment further

Lyn

The salmon, bbq ribs and lamb chops would be new; they were not on the menu at Waves when I was aboard. If the Wagyu burger (with carmelized onions) is gone, I will surely miss it. But, bbq ribs will probably fill the void ;).

I'm a man of simple tastes; I wish Waves was open for dinner at least some evenings. I sometimes eat a large meal in mid-afternoon at Waves, then dine lightly in the grand dining room, where sometimes I call the choices "Wacky Food". I guess that's why I like Polo so much -- I can pronounce the names of most of the food!

then dine lightly in the grand dining room, where sometimes I call the choices "Wacky Food".

I agree

We are of simple tastes as long as it taste good & good quality we are OK

Last cruise we found some of the dishes OTT with so many ingredients but still not sure what it was suppose to be

Maybe our palate is not gourmet enough for Oceania any longer.

We use to be able to get a variety of dishes in the GDR but seems they are trying to be too fancy of late

Lyn

Lyn - there are some on these boards that would say their food quality has gone down in the past few years. But I'm with you any meal that I don't have to cook is absolutely wonderful!!!!! and yes I have to agree some of the menu items are way toooooo fancy for me!

But I'm with you any meal that I don't have to cook is absolutely wonderful!!!!! and yes I have to agree some of the menu items are way toooooo fancy for me!

I do not think the quality has gone down it is just more gourmet than it use to be or maybe just less regular dishes on the menu ;)

People say you can get the Signatures dishes if nothing appeals but how many times can you eat Jacque Pepin Chicken , Salmon or burgers :eek:

I much prefer Swiss Chalet chicken anyway :D

I know food is subjective but

Lyn

Archived