E Cigarettes.

barnsey1802

"E-cigarettes vaporize propylene glycol, nicotine, water, coriander, citric acid and a fragrance from orchids.

"Propylene glycol is in lotion, it's in makeup, it's in medicine — it's in everything because it allows your body to absorb things faster," Story says."

Wow, take out the nicotine and it smells like the line up for the Captain's photo on formal night.

To quote the wine guzzlers "it's not in the contract" so use away in your cabin, on your balcony and any other smoking areas but be smart about it, do not use it in non-smoking areas.

Now let's start working on that eau de toilette ban for the scent sensitive types.

I second that!:D

"E-cigarettes vaporize propylene glycol, nicotine, water, coriander, citric acid and a fragrance from orchids.

"Propylene glycol is in lotion, it's in makeup, it's in medicine — it's in everything because it allows your body to absorb things faster," Story says."

Wow, take out the nicotine and it smells like the line up for the Captain's photo on formal night.

To quote the wine guzzlers "it's not in the contract" so use away in your cabin, on your balcony and any other smoking areas but be smart about it, do not use it in non-smoking areas.

Now let's start working on that eau de toilette ban for the scent sensitive types.

I am a smoker, and an RN, have tried to quit too many times to remember. My hats off to anyone that is able to quit!!! I have been contemplating the e-cigarette as it shouldn't offend anyone around me, and I do care about others. I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes.:(

Without an official policy, I think there is definite risk that you'll run into complainers. While that can easily be dealt with by explaining the nature of the e-cig, just be prepared for that hassle.

With the new reduced smoking policy, it's very likely more people will be using the e-cigs, especially as they get more popular.

The way I understand it the e cigarettes are not being allowed, but even if they were I'd call each & every time I saw smoke & they would surely get tired of investigating where the problem was coming from and soon put a stop to it altogether. Although they do no stink, there is no proof the e cigarettes do not emit any pollutants. If you don't want to be confronted about the problem take it inside your cabin.

Trust me 1 HappyCruiser, there are more pollutants in the air you breath every day than from an e cig. Maybe you and others that believe because it's being used by a "smoker" it must be harmful to you. Before you complain about someone using an e cig, maybe you should do some research and show how it's harmful to you.

The way you "understand it" they aren't being allowed. Where did your read that policy? "Even if they were allowed you would complain "each and every time" you saw it. Please. Do some basic research. BTW there is also no proof that e-cigs DO emit any pollutants. If they did I'm sure the FDA would have already tried to ban them.

Trust me 1 HappyCruiser, there are more pollutants in the air you breath every day than from an e cig. Maybe you and others that believe because it's being used by a "smoker" it must be harmful to you. Before you complain about someone using an e cig, maybe you should do some research and show how it's harmful to you.

The way you "understand it" they aren't being allowed. Where did your read that policy? "Even if they were allowed you would complain "each and every time" you saw it. Please. Do some basic research. BTW there is also no proof that e-cigs DO emit any pollutants. If they did I'm sure the FDA would have already tried to ban them.

First of all let me say that since neither you nor I are knowledgeable enough to decide what pollutants are being emitted from those so-called harmless e cigarettes but from what I'm reading there not a safe as some (the manufactures) would have you believe.

The FDA has found that e-cigarette cartridges

contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals, such as diethylene glycol, an

ingredient used in antifreeze.8 Bystanders could be exposed to those chemicals

if they inhale e-cigarette vapor exhaled by someone else.

Also.

"Electronic cigarettes should be absolutely avoided because they clearly have toxic elements," said Dr. Jonathan Whiteson, a pulmonologist at New York University Langone Medical Center. "It is proven now that electronic cigarettes contain toxic elements. Electronic cigarettes play no role in smoking cessation and don't add to a healthier lifestyle."

There are many other articles pointing out the possible dangers associated with them but I doubt that you would be interested in reading them.

As far a Princess limiting there use, I've only read the same comments as yourself on CC but allowing them to be used on the balconies will only encourage the regular smokers to follow suit making it an impossible situation to control. If Princess does allow them to be used, then I would have no recourse to complain but until they do I will continue to call people on it.

Archived