How many would be willing to give up shows for better food

Dena

Good point. I too have thought that the lines are making the MDR food worse so that people will go to for-fee restaurants.

In our experience this seems to be the case on other lines, most notably Celebrity...fortunately our last two cruises on Princess have bucked that trend with the food in Anytime surpassing our expectations

I always enjoy the production shows with the Princess singers and dancers and I would miss them, but would not pay extra for any show. The procuction shows are the only ones I go to, not fond of commedians or magicians, etc.

As far as the food is concerned, I have never had a bad meal in the MDR. I have never ate in the specialty dining rooms, not willing to pay extra. While I enjoy the dining experience, eating is definitely not my main focus for cruising. Besides the tours, the only thing I pay extra for is the coffee card, which I happen to enjoy. Oh I do buy some of the ship pictures too, a nice remembrance for me.

Me either! I don't want to be paying for something extra every time I turn around--that's part of the allure of cruising, that the basics are included.

I totally agree. I like to have the choices available without paying any extra.

I think charging extra would be a very bad idea. If you don't like the shows, simply don't go. I love the shows (mostly) and I find nothing wrong with the food. All these likes & dislikes are usually personal choices and you can't please all of the people all of the time. Why should I have to pay extra because you don't want to go to a show? There are a number of things on board that I don't take advantage off, but I don't expect other people to pay extra for them because I don't use it. The point is, it is there if you want to do it, without spending extra money.

Entertainment is very important to us. We love the shows and would stop cruising if they didn't have them, or if they charged for them.

We don't have a problem with MDR food. We find it very good to excellent, and would not be willing to give up something as important as shows to improve something we are already satisfied with.

I think charging extra would be a very bad idea. If you don't like the shows, simply don't go. I love the shows (mostly) and I find nothing wrong with the food. All these likes & dislikes are usually personal choices and you can't please all of the people all of the time. Why should I have to pay extra because you don't want to go to a show? There are a number of things on board that I don't take advantage off, but I don't expect other people to pay extra for them because I don't use it. The point is, it is there if you want to do it, without spending extra money.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, tucsonlady. Excellent first post!

After give it some thought it might not be a bad idea charging for the shows as long as the cruise price would reflect the savings. We've seen the same old production shows over & over & over so many times we only go in order to do something for the evening. Of course I doubt they would pass the saving on to the passengers but it is a thought.

I personally don't go to the production shows, but I LOVE other entertainment I find on the ship!

If the production shows were so unpopular you wouldn't constantly read on CC about the theater being overcrowded!!

I have no problem with the food either. Some food it excellent, some is good, some is fair, some not so good -- but in the case of not so good they'll be happy to bring you something else -- try getting that kind of benefit in a land-based restaurant!

You will always find some people are just impossible to please!!!!

I don't want to be on a cruise with:

good food, bad shows

bad food, good shows

I want to be on a cruise with:

good food AND good shows

That's the beauty of cruising to me. The food is good but if there is something I don't like they will bring me something I do like. I can always find entertainment somewhere on the ship that suits me.

I believe Princess Cruises should always strive to improve their offerings and customer satisfaction in all areas of cruising. It is the balance and choice offered by this out of the ordinary vacation experience that makes each day and evening a joy.

We all have a choice and even though there are pay extra food venues, we have chosen to eat the excellent food offered as part of our basic cruise cost. To each his/her own.

Archived