Blue Lagoon,Nassau?

ddcile5

:DBumped into Blue Lagoon website and their "Beach Day" option ??:confused:

Has any one done this before and can u let us what u thought for funness(sp) & value ? what if we prepay and the ship doesn't come into port for some reason.

Sounds like a wonderful day yet we do not want to be the "herded like cattle"

excursion feeling!!:mad:

Haven't heard much of this excursion so would appreciate any info possible. We would book privately not with Carnival.

Thanks so much inadvance!!:D

We did it last year and it's a nice place...not my favorite, but pretty good for Nassau (not a fan of Nassau, can you tell?;)). You actually swim in a lagoon, so not the same as swimming in the ocean. They don't have a ton of umbrellas, so not every person can get one, but there are lots of shaded areas, just not right by the lagoon. The food was ok. The drinks were VERY good:D They have a ton of hammocks in a shaded grove. I was happy to hear steel drum music playing (live)...nice touch which we no longer get on the ship. They also have the whole dolphin thing there...gift shops. It was a nice day...

:DBumped into Blue Lagoon website and their "Beach Day" option ??:confused:

Has any one done this before and can u let us what u thought for funness(sp) & value ? what if we prepay and the ship doesn't come into port for some reason. Their website says no refunds for cancellations made within 24 hours. However, you may want to contact them directly and ask about ships not making it into port. This may be covered under an insurance policy, though the terms of each policy vary.

Sounds like a wonderful day yet we do not want to be the "herded like cattle"

excursion feeling!!:mad:

Haven't heard much of this excursion so would appreciate any info possible. We would book privately not with Carnival.

Thanks so much inadvance!!:D

Answers in bold

We participated in the Dolphin Adventure at Blue Lagoon. We're a family of 3, had a fantastic time doing this, was the highlight of our April cruise.

After playing with dolphins, we headed to the beach for a small amount of time (we arrived late into Nassau) but what we saw was beautiful.

They location is gorgeous, the water is crystal clear & there weren't a lot of people around.

We would love to return one day.

Oh a couple more question and thanks for the quick responses.!! :) :) We may just have to do this!!

Are drinks alinclusive? If not price? Also being a lagoon is the water clean, sand pretty and it seems like a nice palce to swim and relax??

Thanks Diana

Oh a couple more question and thanks for the quick responses.!! :) :) We may just have to do this!!

Are drinks alinclusive? If not price? Also being a lagoon is the water clean, sand pretty and it seems like a nice palce to swim and relax??

Thanks Diana

We did this a couple years ago. Not a fan of Nassau and this was really a nice day! The lagoon was crystal clear the beach was nice and facilities were very clean. The water was warm because it's fairly shallow. The kids loved watching the dolphins, we did too! Don't remember the cost of drinks but I remember thinking costs were reasonable. Nice boat ride over to the lagoon too! I would definitely do this again if I went to Nassau! Have a great time relaxing!

Thanks.... I just send reservation pre request and asked about if refund if ship doesn't come in to Nassau due to weather etc.. I'll let u know what they say and we will probably do it!! Sounds like fun and oh my what a great way to spend the day!! Then there is time in the evening to go back to ship eat and then maybe go back for night life for a bit before we sail away!!

Thanks diana

we did it last November and I was not the least bit impressed with spending that kind of money for a beach day. First, the weather was lousy so can't blame the Lagoon for that. We left Nassau at 3pm which meant we had to take the 1:30pm or something ferry back to the Port to not miss the ship. By the time we got there, we maybe had 2.5 to 3hrs max to enjoy ourselves. Since it was a cool rainy day, the water was cold, and really wasn't too much fun for beach. We didn't pre pay we just went on a hunch the morning rain would clear which it did but remained cloudy. The beach itself wasn't that nice, not very flat at all, with chairs sitting angled down towards the lagoon. Lunch was okay, didn't drink though with 3 kids in tow.

If you just want a beach day, I would look at doing the Sheraton/Wyndham. if you do the Dolphins excursion than that is different. We didn't want to pay lots of money so was just the beach...

We just did the Blue Lagoon excursion thru CCL on our Miracle cruise a few weeks ago. (right after Hurricane Irene hit) We took a 25 minute boat trip there. Once there, there were plenty of lounges - some with umbrellas. There were inflatable water "toys" for the kids/adults to climb on - everyone who used them had to wear a life preserver, which was supplied by the staff at a hut. You could rent tubes/floats. There were lots of hammocks around. They also had a "water park" of inflatables you could climb on and slide on - water slides, etc. You could watch the people doing the dolphin encounter - that was fun! As far as the lunch went (we bought the excursion that had lunch included) it left much to be desired, imho. Burger, bbq chicken, rice, salad on a plate - but it was pretty gross. Drinks were good. A lot of people were snorkeling, and saw a lot of fish. We had a lot of fun there, and it was not crowded.

We just did the Blue Lagoon excursion thru CCL on our Miracle cruise a few weeks ago. (right after Hurricane Irene hit) We took a 25 minute boat trip there. Once there, there were plenty of lounges - some with umbrellas. There were inflatable water "toys" for the kids/adults to climb on - everyone who used them had to wear a life preserver, which was supplied by the staff at a hut. You could rent tubes/floats. There were lots of hammocks around. They also had a "water park" of inflatables you could climb on and slide on - water slides, etc. You could watch the people doing the dolphin encounter - that was fun! As far as the lunch went (we bought the excursion that had lunch included) it left much to be desired, imho. Burger, bbq chicken, rice, salad on a plate - but it was pretty gross. Drinks were good. A lot of people were snorkeling, and saw a lot of fish. We had a lot of fun there, and it was not crowded.

We did this excursion in November thru Carnival. Be advised that the inflatables are an extra cost, and they monitor closely! They are roped off from the rest of the swimming area and you get whistles blown at you if you encroach, as I found out. :o Lunch was so-so, we could wander around the dolphin area and saw some dolphins, got some great pics of the Atlantic surf on the far side of the island, but honestly (IMHO) it wasn't a great day. Staff was not friendly at all. We were happy to board the boat back to the ship, as we were rather bored. And I assure you, we're very much laid-back, go-with-the-flow people & it takes a lot to disappoint us. Blue Lagoon did!

We did this excursion in November thru Carnival. Be advised that the inflatables are an extra cost, and they monitor closely! They are roped off from the rest of the swimming area and you get whistles blown at you if you encroach, as I found out. :o Lunch was so-so, we could wander around the dolphin area and saw some dolphins, got some great pics of the Atlantic surf on the far side of the island, but honestly (IMHO) it wasn't a great day. Staff was not friendly at all. We were happy to board the boat back to the ship, as we were rather bored. And I assure you, we're very much laid-back, go-with-the-flow people & it takes a lot to disappoint us. Blue Lagoon did!

we must have been there the same day LOL!

We did this in May. We did not go through the ship we booked on our own. The two differences are you have to get a cab to the ferry terminal ($8) and it is half the price of what the ship charges. No it is not the greatest beach in the world but it was a good day. At the time the inflatables were included and then we payed $10 for the water tricycle. The drinks were NOT included in the day but lunch was - it was ok. We also took pictures of the dolphins - it really was a good day. Considering the cost of most things in Nassau it was a bargain.

We did this in May. We did not go through the ship we booked on our own. The two differences are you have to get a cab to the ferry terminal ($8) and it is half the price of what the ship charges. No it is not the greatest beach in the world but it was a good day. At the time the inflatables were included and then we payed $10 for the water tricycle. The drinks were NOT included in the day but lunch was - it was ok. We also took pictures of the dolphins - it really was a good day. Considering the cost of most things in Nassau it was a bargain.

Possibly they've changed since November. Their website currently states "Includes all day access to our land & water inflatable parks". This was not the case when we were there. In fact, I saw at most 5 people on the inflatables all day. Carnival's site still states "Other activities available on the island are not part of this tour and guests participate at their own discretion", so possibly booking directly would be your best bet.

Archived