Maitre D QV QG

SALAD MUNCHER

Does anyone know whether Osman is still MD on the QV or whether he has moved on? Many thanks

As of two weeks ago, he was on QV. He told me he would be on QM2 for Christmas, but I did not ask him when he changes. Sorry, I realize that does not really help, but it is reasonably current.

Jeanne

Osman (the Cunard Senior Maitre d'), went to the QV for approx 2 months at the end of July, then after his annual break, was due to return to QM2.

He told us that they are going to rotate the staff more between all three ships. Also, from his point of view, it lets him see how well the other teams are coping.

Hi everyone, many thanks for the replies. Osman was there in July when we were on the QV (he got on board the same day as us - 20th July) so it will be good to meet Andrew N after reading such good things about him. Cheers, :)

I hope that you're not disappointed.

He told us that they are going to rotate the staff more between all three ships. Also, from his point of view, it lets him see how well the other teams are coping.

BigMac,

Makes sense to me. That is what makes Osman excell at his craft. Have you seen his little boy? He is absolutely adorable. It has been fun watching him grow up. I love watching them at the beach. So sweet.

Just curious, do you know if Sandro is still on QE? If so, then I'm not sure he has been rotated.

Jeanne

Jeanne

Andrew Nedler was the Maitre d' on our QV voyage last spring and he is absolutely the best. If he is on board, have him make you a Caesar salad. He is a delight to behold as he prepares it, all the while keeping his eye on the rest of the dining room to make sure that all is going smoothly. Of course, Osman is no slouch either, so whoever is on board when you sail is sure not to disappoint.

It is good to hear that Osman will be back on board for the Holiday cruise. (Don't know if we will make it to QG as we are on a P2 Guaranty). My wife and I always share a bottle of Taittinger on New Year's Eve and four years ago there was plently of it on board - until New Year's Eve when they ran out. I called Osman over and 15 minutes later he appeared with a bottle of Taittinger. He got a really good tip from me. Silly I know, but such service leaves an impression.

BigMac,

Makes sense to me. That is what makes Osman excell at his craft. Have you seen his little boy? He is absolutely adorable. It has been fun watching him grow up. I love watching them at the beach. So sweet.

Just curious, do you know if Sandro is still on QE? If so, then I'm not sure he has been rotated.

Jeanne

Jeanne

Hi, Jeanne. What did you decide about Xmas trip? Hope you are coming!! Wouldn't be the same without you.:eek:

Jane:)

Been on Q Vic (QG) twice - 1st time had Ozman as MD, last time it was Andrew Nelder.

Both absolutely top class - Andrew is the archetypal, Cunard "Past Master", scholar & a gent who knows his craft inside out. Ozman isn't far behind for looking after his guests imo.

Either of those would be welcome on our next trip - likely to be QM2, but not until 2013, sadly!

Hi, Jeanne. What did you decide about Xmas trip? Hope you are coming!! Wouldn't be the same without you.:eek:

Jane:)

Hi Jane.

Yup! I'm in. Will e/m you.

Speaking of Queens Grill, going to visit some friends in NYC Saturday night. Where did I meet them? Queens Grill in 2009. Gotta love that ship and the friends you make. Just so we are not totally guilty of thread drift, a shout out to Osman for his unfailingly fine service.

Jeanne

Archived