What to do in St. Croix with a 2.5 year old?

BethV114

I posted this question over on the St. Croix board, but I thought I'd also post here, just in case.

We'll be in St. Croix at the end of January 2012 as a port on our Southern Caribbean cruise. This itinerary has several new ports for us, including St. Croix. On top of that, we'll be traveling with our DD, who will be just under 2 1/2 years old. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with her in St. Croix? It doesn't need to be a full day thing. We don't mind spending only about half the day in port and then returning to the ship for the afternoon to make use of the pool, etc. while it's less busy.

I saw some information on Sand Castle Beach where it looks like we can reserve beach chairs and umbrellas in advance. It also appears as though they have a restaurant and a pool there. Has anyone done this with a younger child? If so, how did it work out? Any alternative suggestions of activities or other beaches we should try, instead?

Thanks so much for the help!!

I posted this question over on the St. Croix board, but I thought I'd also post here, just in case.

We'll be in St. Croix at the end of January 2012 as a port on our Southern Caribbean cruise. This itinerary has several new ports for us, including St. Croix. On top of that, we'll be traveling with our DD, who will be just under 2 1/2 years old. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with her in St. Croix? It doesn't need to be a full day thing. We don't mind spending only about half the day in port and then returning to the ship for the afternoon to make use of the pool, etc. while it's less busy.

I saw some information on Sand Castle Beach where it looks like we can reserve beach chairs and umbrellas in advance. It also appears as though they have a restaurant and a pool there. Has anyone done this with a younger child? If so, how did it work out? Any alternative suggestions of activities or other beaches we should try, instead?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Hi,:) I have been to Sandcastle (not with kids)but it is a great place.

They have a restaurant and pool and yes, it is right on the beach.

The folks who run it are very nice and yes, you can rent chairs and

umbrellas.....personally, I think it is a great place to go in St Croix:)

Hi,:) I have been to Sandcastle (not with kids)but it is a great place.

They have a restaurant and pool and yes, it is right on the beach.

The folks who run it are very nice and yes, you can rent chairs and

umbrellas.....personally, I think it is a great place to go in St Croix:)

I agree with Lois - I live on St Croix and Sandcastles is one of our favorite places to go and chill out. Enjoy!

Richard

Lois and Richard - Thanks so much for the info. I'm thinking that this is probably what we'll end up doing. Sandcastles seems to be relatively close to the pier, so that would make it easy to get back to the ship in case of complete meltdown. I also like the fact that we can go to the beach and rent chairs/umbrellas, but also have the option of the pool and can get drinks/lunch right at the on-site restaurant. It just seems like an all around nice, relaxing beach day (assuming DD cooperates, of course!).

Thanks again for the help!:)

Archived