Which ship?? Allure or oasis

nyc gal

I would like to book a trip for myself and three children ages (7.7 and 15 years old) and I am wondering are there any differences between these two ships in terms of layout, ammenites or the kids club???

Please help:)

Allure is a bit better but not at all that much different from Oasis, just what wasn't a complete hit in the Oasis was fixed in the Allure. Very, very minor differences. Things like the iPod Station, small improvements in the Boardwalk area, and changes to restaurants. Donut place is now hot dog place, Seafood shack is Rita's Cantina, and Solarium Bristo turns into Samba Grill at night. The production shows are also different. You cant go wrong with either. I'd look at which one is cheaper and go with that. With that said, the Oasis was fantastic and I enjoyed every second. It was jaw-dropping. Good luck with your decision, and enjoy your cruise! :)

They are pretty much the same ship - the differences are subtle and minimal, and not enough to make you chose one over the other.

Oasis leaves on Saturday, and Allure leaves on Sunday - maybe one of these is more convenient for you, or works better/cheaper with flights.

Oasis has Hairspray and Allure has Chicago.

They alternate itineraries, so if you have a preference of east versus west, pick the ship that is doing the itinerary you prefer on the week you have vacation.

I always prefer a Sunday departure; that allows us to fly in on Saturday w/o worries of missing the ship.

And I am a bargain queen, so the better price would win for me!

Western/Eastern--there are things we love about both, but if there is somewhere you really want to see, that certainly would be a consideration.

Our kids cruised DCL at 10/7/5 and RCCL at 15/12/10--they loved both, but say they liked RCCL a bit better.

Archived