Ironing and laundry onboard...

laurakdy

Hey folks, whats the scenario with irons onboard the Azura ?

I know with most cruiselines your not allowed an iron in your cabin but is it the same for the Azura ?

Is it also the case that if you dont get caught with one in your case, then you can use it ok in your cabin or would the cabin staff confiscate it if they saw it?

Laundry, now I read somewhere the Azura let you use washing machines and tumble driers for free ? Is this correct, as Ive never heard that before on any other cruiseline (fab if thats the case). Do we just provide our own washing tablets, although I'm guessing one of their onboard shops will sell the stuff ?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as going on the Azura in 7 Weeks!! Woo hoo :D:D:D

They are a fire hazard so no sensible passenger would ever use one in a stateroom. And if P&O wanted to allow you to use them they would have ironing boards available.

Use the ones in the laundry and be patient if you have to wait a while.

David.

Thankyou and I'm totally with you guys regarding the irons but just wondered as poeple I am going with dont get the iron thing when you can take straitners, so are probably just going to put one in their suitase anyhow...

I havnt actually seen it anywhere about the irons but I'm guessing its in the small print somewhere and we havnt really read everyhting...

JUst wondered if they get it onto the ship in their suiitcase, would the cabin staff remove it as I havnt heard of them doing this ?

Thankyou and I'm totally with you guys regarding the irons but just wondered as poeple I am going with dont get the iron thing when you can take straitners, so are probably just going to put one in their suitase anyhow...

I havnt actually seen it anywhere about the irons but I'm guessing its in the small print somewhere and we havnt really read everyhting...

JUst wondered if they get it onto the ship in their suiitcase, would the cabin staff remove it as I havnt heard of them doing this ?

Straighteners are not the same as irons, as straighteners have a slight lip around the heat plates that prevent the plates touching anything other than what is placed between them when closed. If laid flat, the plates don't actually touch anything.

Irons however, can be placed flat down, or fall down, and cause a fire or even "just" a burn mark.

Regarding them being confiscated, I have heard the Captain say this will happen, in his safety address. Better for your friends just to comply with the safety instructions.

Just home from Ventura and can confirm that all the laundry facilities were free but you do have to provide your own washing powder.

Washers and dryers were excellent and really fast with a wash taking about 35 mins. Laundry rooms are plentiful and the irons were very good so there is definitely no reason to even think about taking your own iron.

Fires are such a dangerous event on ship. I do find the thought of people using irons in cabins very scary.

On Arcadia, the steward will bring an ironing board to your cabin. I don't know if we had to use our own iron or if he brought one with him, though. But if P&O had any objections to using irons in the cabin, they hadn't told our man.

Laundry, now I read somewhere the Azura let you use washing machines and tumble driers for free ?

They are indeed free, but they can get very busy, and sea days are the worst. The laundries furthest from the main lifts are usually the quietest, and the quietest times are usually during 1st sitting for dinner, so if you're on 2nd sitting or freedom, that's the time to go!

Archived