carry on question

spcopps

I know you can take sodas and wine in a carry on to board the ship (within carnival's limits). Here is my problem..We will be taking 2 6 packs of Pepsi (we don't drink coke) and wine. I will also be pulling alone a double stroller while trying to chase 3 kids (all 7 and under). My question is this, is there a place to store the soda and/or stroller until our room is ready? I don't see how we are going to physically be able to pull 2 carry ons and a double stroller with only 2 adults while holding hands of 3 kids :confused: I have read where some people will "slip" to their rooms before they are oficially ready but the staff have enough to do in too little time without having me in their way so I would prefer not to do this if there is another way.

No there is not a place, so maybe board a little later if this is a problem for you.

Bring it in a carry on that is wheeled so its easy to move along would be my suggestion.

I would not suggest sneaking into your cabin early .. it is true, some people think they are special .. for whatever reason and the rules dont apply to them, be they elderly, or young with young kids, everyone has their own reasons. there are a set of unlocked doors where the guys delivering luggage can get thru but the elevators will be locked. If you feel you cant manage the carry ons .. you would have to walk down or up the stairs to get to these unlocked doors if they are on other decks besides lido or where you board. you cant use the elevators the baggage guys are using .. at least not generally. the elevators on both ends, the doors will be locked to get to your cabins.

I know you can take sodas and wine in a carry on to board the ship (within carnival's limits). Here is my problem..We will be taking 2 6 packs of Pepsi (we don't drink coke) and wine. I will also be pulling alone a double stroller while trying to chase 3 kids (all 7 and under). My question is this, is there a place to store the soda and/or stroller until our room is ready? I don't see how we are going to physically be able to pull 2 carry ons and a double stroller with only 2 adults while holding hands of 3 kids :confused: I have read where some people will "slip" to their rooms before they are oficially ready but the staff have enough to do in too little time without having me in their way so I would prefer not to do this if there is another way.

hmmm, i am wondering about the double stroller= will it fit through the halls when the steward is out with his cart? I had a hard time with a single stroller- PLUS when you come back to the cabin with sleeping kids you will have to do all that maneuvering in the hall ways. Consider single strollers.

hmmm, i am wondering about the double stroller= will it fit through the halls when the steward is out with his cart? I had a hard time with a single stroller- PLUS when you come back to the cabin with sleeping kids you will have to do all that maneuvering in the hall ways. Consider single strollers.

I don't use the stroller while on the ship. I am actually going to leave it folded (folds 2X so it's the size of a folded single) and only open/use it in ports, I won't even unfold it until we exit the ship. It has a wheel on the bottom and can be pulled just like a rolling suitcase and a carry strap for easy carring on stairs. This is why I was worried about pulling it with a carry ons until the room is ready, although it is easy to pull may not be doable also pulling the carry on KWIM? My youngest (twins) will be 4 just 2 weeks after we cruise so they don't mind being woke up if they nap and this is why we only use it in port for them to get a break from walking. At their ages I don't see any reason why we would need to use it on the ship.

I would say what other have said...don't plan to board the ship until after the cabins are ready so you can go directly there...either that or you can go up to the Lido deck and find a little spot out of the way and just put everything down and relax until the cabins are ready...just DON'T go sit in the buffet for 2 hours waiting as people ALWAYS seem to do so those getting lunch have no place to sit...

and one of you push that and one of you handle the kids.

There is no way we can fit a carry on into the seat of a stoller (although it's a double the seats are still unbrella size). Although you do have me thinking, I could maybe put the 2 cases of pepsi and bottle of wine into a duffle bag then once we board strap a case of soda into each seat and put the 2 bottles of wine and duffle under the stroller..hmmm wonder if that'll work :confused: Thanks for all the information I am sure we will figure it out how to handle it all. May ask the porter about checking the stroller and see if it is allowed since we won't need it until the next morning at port.

We pack our "drinks" in a small rolling suitcase in a garbage bag wrapped in beach towels and have the steward bring it in the room. I have a 1,3&5 year old. I do not walk around with anything that is not essential. Nelson found that bringing 2 strollers is better than a double. JMO.

We pack our "drinks" in a small rolling suitcase in a garbage bag wrapped in beach towels and have the steward bring it in the room. I have a 1,3&5 year old. I do not walk around with anything that is not essential. Nelson found that bringing 2 strollers is better than a double. JMO.

Do you think 2 singles would be easier than a double with only using it in ports? I ask because our combi handles so much better than the singles we have..here is the link to the pics folded and unfolded. We would keep it folded and roll it on that single wheel you see until we get off the ship at ports..if someone could take a look and give me your input..thanks

http://indianapolis.momslikeme.com/members/JournalActions.aspx?g=544077&m=4512855

..........I could maybe put the 2 cases of pepsi and bottle of wine into a duffle bag then once we board strap a case of soda into each seat and put the 2 bottles of wine and duffle under the stroller..hmmm wonder if that'll work :confused: quote]

Sounds like a practice run is in order.

. May ask the porter about checking the stroller and see if it is allowed since we won't need it until the next morning at port.

You can bag check the stroller with the porter- just make luggage tags for it

Archived