San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

OK, I just check this post for the first time in a long time. My partner is visiting the mid west (long story) and I am at home. Are any of you guys doing public things (or private things) which may--just may--be something with which I can be involved. Please let me know. John in Diamond Heights

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this board! I'll be going on my first cruise this October (The RSVP Mexican Riviera cruise) with our housemate and my second next May 2007 (The RSVP QM2 Atlantic crossing) with my partner. Can't wait! :)

Does anyone have info on a bear (not ;) bare) cruise on the Radiance Sept. 16, 2006? I thought I read about that somewhere but cannot seem to find it now.

Thanks, David

• 1 month later...

Hey, all- Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!! Now if the cruise would hurry up and get here, life would be grand!

I've been lucky enough to be on a cruise for my birthday, and this year, with the Bloomingdale's opening, I couldn't.....ah well, at least my October looks better!

Andrew

Just discovered this particular "Board" on Cruise Critic and am elated. I'm traveling with a SF friend on Oceania's Insignia for the first time. It's an all-gay charter (not supposed to say the name of the gay charter company, I understand, but it's a name you'd recognize.) Looking forward to the experience since it's also the first time I've been to So. America. If there are other Bay Area buds on this trip, let's connect beforehand to talk about the itinerary and possible private shore excursions.

We're also arriving in BsAs 4 or 5 days early and staying on in Rio for 4 or 5 days, so also looking for others who are doing the same to share hotel/B&B/condo rental info. :)

As I looked at postings, I realized that might be the case. I do notice that CC has deleted my posting with Atlantis Events in the title. I'll repost using their "code of decorum." Mea culpa.

Has anyone out there on this Board ever sailed on Oceania? It'll be my first experience with them, but I've heard really good things about the line. I'm not sure whether the fact that this is a charter will affect Oceania's usual service/food/etc.:o

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to hear from other SF/Bay Area cruisers who'd like to talk about past and future cruise plans. Let's compare notes over beer/coffee/tea and maybe even make it a regular after-a-work-day event - monthly? bi-monthly?

Interested? Respond to this thread.

"Has anyone out there on this Board ever sailed on Oceania?"

We sailed around South America on Insignia, and from Beijing to Hong Kong on Nautica, and next month from Venice to Barcelona on Regatta. We have also booked the Auckland to Sydney for 1/2008. We are real fans of Oceania. The food, cabins, and service are all the best! We found them to be very gay friendly as well.

Jeff and I leave on the 7th for South Africa, where we will board the Pacific Princess for a 28 day cruise to Sydney. Looking forward to our time on the high seas.

Ed/Jeff

Or, on second thought, invite them in for drinks if they all look like Johnny Dep! :) Have a great trip.

Gary in SF

you should sign up for the Buenos Aires/Rio Atlantis Events cruise in Feb '07. I'm anxious to hear your review of the Insignia. Please post one for us.

And, if you become "chummy" with any of the senior staff, ask if the Insignia plans to do anything different (re: service and food, in particular) on the all-gay Atlantis Events charter cruise. One review of that same cruise in Feb '06 was not complimentary of the food and I thought that was Oceania's "crown jewel."

Thanks.

Gary ;)

San Francisco