San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

I know there are a lot of us living in San Francisco (and Bay Area) that are into the cruising scene (the water type)

Lets keep in touch and let each other know when we are sailinng away on another adventure.

Ed/Jeff:)

It's off to the Mexican Riviera for me. Just watched the Mercury leave thru the Golden Gate from Fort Point on this beautifully clear night. Can hardly wait for my turn...

Unfortunately we had to cancel our 2005 trip so we have nothing until 2006 -- but it's Asia, so we are already jockeying for a decent airfare. :D

It's kind of comforting to see the Infinity in drydock every day outside our house.... we can dream of the next time we're on a ship.

Stomsf, it might be comforting to you, but we're sailing on her this summer!:eek:

(I know, everything should be fine) :) And thanks to Cruise Critcs and the posts about the Infinity in drydock, I now have new wallpaper on my computer of her sailing under the Bay Bridge!

Ed and Jeff, we've also noticed how many G/L cruisers there are from the Bay Area. We actually sailed with stomsf and his partner on our trip last year- lots of fun. And we met someone two years ago on the QE2 who lives 1 mile from us, and I used to see on BART all the time!

Ed and I are leaving for a Norwegain Fjord Cruise in 49 days on the QE2 :D (can you tell we're excited?)

We then sail on a fun cruise on the Infinity at the end of August, 6 days of relaxing from Vancouver to S.F. It'll be great sailing in under the Golden Gate, and then driving home, no flights!

2006 is the year spent looking for last minute cruise bargains, because we may be moving (locally), and don't want to commit.

What your next cruising adventure?

Andrew

We have nothing scheduled for the remainder of 2005. (We got back in January, 2005 from a 17 day cruise to South America/Antarctica on Oceania's Insignia.) We have booked a cruise for 3/2006 from Beijing to Hong Kong on Oceania's newest ship, Nautica. Seems like a long time away!

We do have a couple of land trips planned between then and now.

BlazerBoy--

I know you're enjoying the countdown to QE2!

We should plan a little cocktail gathering for all us SF/Bay Area CC cruisers one of these days - maybe someplace like Martuni's - after BlazerBoy gets back from his cruise?

Hey don’t forget those of us out in the suburbs…I’m sailing April 19 on Island Princess from Los Angeles to Hawaii and back…and then October 31 on Dawn Princess round trip to the Mexican Riviera from San Francisco.

Guys,

Jeff and I are sailing on the Volendam on the 7th of May to Vancouver (5 day repo) Just got back from doing the Horizon over new years from Tampa (what a nice small cruise terminal)

We hope to get a last minute cruise this summer to The Baltics and Russia, or a nice long river cruise in europe.

Where is the Infinity in Drydock? Down near 3rd street?

ED:)

Ed --

Yes, right off of 3rd Street at 18th.

We unfortunately had to cancel our Baltics cruise in June (we had a corner FV too!) but figure we can try again in a year or two.

Steve and Patrick

Infinity is drydocked around 19th, east of 3rd Street. You can get a great view of it from either The Ramp, or another nearby dockside restaurant (whose name escapes me).

I will be on the Atlantis Barcelona - Italy cruise in September. I would love to meet other cruisers who live in the Bay Area.

I hope the future brings a greater selection of cruises originating or ending in San Francisco. I was fortunate enough to be on the QE2 in January 2000 on an extremely rare visit by her to San Francisco. It was great to get off the ship and be at home rather than end my vacation with a long flight.

One of these days I want to do a transatlantic crossing. I found a ship that sails out of San Francisco to England, if you can believe that, but a trip of that length will probably have to wait until I retire.

We're on our way to Alaska, doing Denali first and then traveling So. Bound to Vancouver. Leaving Aug. 9 on the Coral Princess. We did South America over the holidays on Oceania's Insignia (See Dibgy's post) and consider it one of the best ship experiences we have had.

See you all at the Twin Peaks on Sunday !

Rich

Partner and I have to wait till April 2006 for the 29 day Diamond Sydney to San Francisco. 2005 is the year of the house, paint, roof, flooring and saving vacation time to cover the month vacation. Would love to hear from anyone else who might be giving that cruise a try. Now that I think of it I have never been know for my virtue

Ed&Gary

Were you guys on the Regal Princess from San Francisco to New York, last August?

(18-day transcanal)

Yup that was us. We stayed in New York so I could buy a larger size pair of pants to give me something to wear home. I guess one to many time through the buffet lol

Sadly, I drove down to the drydock area and the Infinity was not there, what was there, WOW!, was the old SS Independance. It is still decked out in it's Hawaiian motif.

I had heard that NCL had bought it, and was still deciding what to do with it. Anybody know? I also heard that NCL had purchased the SS United States (now in Philly) and was considering what to do with it.

I had heard that NCL had bought the old SS Independance and was still deciding what to do with it. Anybody know?

This might be a good question for the NCL board. Was this the ship they used in the "I Love Lucy" episode where she misses the ship? ;)