San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Oppgaard, we'll be getting off the Infinity the day you board! We're just doing a short 6 day relocation cruise from Vancouver to S.F. The cruise the week before ours is an Alaska Atlantis Cruise r/t from Vancouver, so the boys will be streaming off as we wait to board in Vancouver.

Enjoy!

Brian, Re: S.F Bay Area cruisers get-together, I think the easiest is to pick a location/time and then see if most can make it. If you want to throw out a few potential times/ dates- Pride weekend or otherwise(less social calendar competition!), I'll be sure to respond before we leave (middle of May).

Walnut Creek'ers: The Noah's/Starbucks locale is about 1/2 a block from my house, so would be glad to meet up for (decaf) coffee some time, especially now that the weather's changed- wasn't Sunday great out on the trails?!?

Andrew

I've never been to 1220
No wonder the owner is sweating…nobody goes there. If he knew there were people at the Keys who weren’t patronizing his bar… Anyway, that’s a long story for another day.

I think a meet would be great – but I’m sailing on 4/19 for 15 days round trip to Hawaii, so if you can wait until May that’d be great :rolleyes: . And not to early on a Sunday…some of us have to drive from Pleasant Hill, you know. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Bdjam let me know how the cruise was. We're going in December on Princess. Have a great time.

Hawaii or Mexico? I sure will let you know. You guys had great information for me when you sailed Pacific Princess a couple of months before I did!

Hawaii or Mexico? I sure will let you know. You guys had great information for me when you sailed Pacific Princess a couple of months before I did!

Guess it would have helped if I gave a destination. Hawaii on the Island Princess Dec. 7th, 15 day. Baja Deck LOL

James here from San Francisco. Heading out on the Celbrity Expedition to the Galapagos on May 19th. Then Atlantis to Alaska August 21 then Atlantis Bracelona R/T. Traveling solo and looking forward to meeting new friends!

Hey James,

Had you thought about extending your Alaska cruise by staying on another six days to return to SF? Infinity leaves Vancouver from your cruise and sails down to S.F. Six extra days of cruising, and a quick cab ride home! No flights! Just a thought.

Andrew

WOW...all these Walnut Creek cruisers! Pride sounds fun, but all us Walnut Creek/Contra Costans should meet downtown at the...............WALNUT CREEK YACHT CLUB some time!

Let's take this a step further........anyone live in the Keys ? (No, not the Florida Keys, the infamous Keys Condos in WC).

If Walnut Creek allows Concordites to enter ( :D ), we'd love to get together...at the Yacht Club, coffee, or whatever. I lived in the Keys back when they were apartments, so hopefully this makes me an honorary "Creeker" :p

Brian (bdjam)- enjoy your cruise next week. We hope to do a trans-Pacific someday.

Brian (BEAV)- you guys just got back from the Caribbean and now you're off to Alaska??? Busy Busy :o

Being the cruise addict that I am, couldn't wait for the October cruise, so I'm taking my honey to Mexico the week before Memorial Day. He was seriously ill in December and January, so this is his reward for being a true "survivor" :) (plus it's our anniversary, another good excuse to take a cruise!)

Brian (bdjam)- enjoy your cruise next week. We hope to do a trans-Pacific someday.

Thanks Ted…glad to hear that things are better for you and your partner. I still have that picture of you guys and Frankie on Grand Princess, so I think of you often! And Shirley says “hi!”

That was me (I?) We had a great trip but didn't meet up with too many others-the cruise was TOO short.:(

We did meet Bruce ("BruceMcDou") and his partner, who, coincidently, are on our Fall repo cruise this year, but only chatted with them at sailout and at the airport on the way home.

You should check this one out- see my post a few down to James about it. There's always a justification for another cruise!

Andrew

Thanks Brian...Ralph is doing much better now. And he ALWAYS seems to feel better after a cruise :) Any idea what Frankie is doing now?

Andrew, funny you should mention that as it's been on my mind all day since reading the thread on BART this morning. Ralph worked on the SS UNITED STATES one summer long ago, and ever since he heard about Infinity's dining room, he's been wanting to take a cruise on her. And of course, we love cruises that end in SF for obvious reasons :D

Ted, so YOU were the one on BART this morning looking dreamily at the Bay from the train at the West Oakland BART stop!;)

Join the fun. We're sailing with another couple, and so far on the rollcall, there are two other gay couples, plus a bunch of really funny straight people! Prices aren't bad, and we end up in SF the Friday of Labor Day weekend, and disembark on Saturday. Two days to get rid of my sea legs before returning to work.:D

Ted,

Great to have you join this thread! Sorry to hear about Ralph, but glad he's recovered. Please greet him for us! Yes, a cruise is the perfect RX.

We sailed Infinity during her first year in service (2001) and can heartily recommend the SS United States restaurant. One of the finest on the high seas! Sounds like a fun cruise from Vancouver back to SF.........sigh!

Sounds like so many of us ContraCostans are all taking cruises in April/May, how are we EVER going to schedule a date where everyone can make it? We're certainly up for the challenge, however!

Wow! So many Bay Area cruisers, just to bad not many are going on the 5/07 repo on the HAL Volendam. Has anyone been on the Volendam since the SOE? The website says they have "flatscreen" TV's and DVD players. New linens and cabin amenities.

It would be sooooo nice to enjoy the new amenities.

Ed