San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Am anxiously awaiting more news on the new terminals at piers 30/32. Lend Lease are the developers, and I hear that it's through the entitlement phase (but I could be wrong). There should have been an extensive environmental review, but I haven't heard any news recently. Also called the Bryant Street Piers, it's supposed to have retail shops, office space and possibly a hotel. A much needed improvement for those of us who like to cruise from home! Pier 35 is really ugly inside.

And, bdjam, I'm actually as far in the 'burbs as you are- live in Walnut Creek, but work in the City.

Andrew

Great thread...

My partner and I are avid cruisers from the burbs (Walnut Creek).

Next on tap for us is Crystal Harmony R/T Alaska from SF on May 30. Can't wait, of course........

aaerobear, you just missed the Infinity, I think she sailed on Saturday morning between 9 and noon sometime (there when I went to the gym, gone when I returned).

The SS Independence has been there for a few months -- seems like they are doing nothing to it and it's just sitting there. It was dwarfed by the Infinity for the past week though.

Specifically we are on Oceania's Nautica on 2/5/2006, Hong Kong to Bangkok. it's only 10 months away.... <sigh>

:D

we are headed to Vancouver out of San Francisco on May 7 (volendam)

Ed

(I am always open for a compliment)

Ed--

I was thinking about that cruise, but I have so much on my plate already this year...

Hope you have a great time!!!

Last May I visited SF & the wine country - one highlight was seeing a ship sail under the Golden Gate - I hear its quite a ride.....so its on the list of things I want to do.

Wonderful & (obviously)San Francisco is a Faboo city!

Sadly, I drove down to the drydock area and the Infinity was not there, what was there, WOW!, was the old SS Independance. It is still decked out in it's Hawaiian motif.

The Independance has been there for several months. Sometimes you can't see it because it can be blocked by another ship in between the shore and it.

Hello from the East Bay. My wife and I went on an Olivia cruise last year and have a CC group cruise planned for 2006. In the meantime, because that's just too far away, I'm going to the Mexican Riviera in November.

Great to have a Bay Area group here!

Hello from the East Bay. My wife and I went on an Olivia cruise last year and have a CC group cruise planned for 2006. In the meantime, because that's just too far away, I'm going to the Mexican Riviera in November.

Great to have a Bay Area group here!

Iggi--

I think we're planning a Bay Area group cocktail party when BlazerBoy gets back from his cruise...

Sometime in May??? Maybe at Martuni's? Wanna join us and we can get some Cuban food before/after?

Hey Brian, I don't get back until May 30th, so doing this in May might be tight!:)

June looks more likely to me. And June is such a great month here. We could have it as a part of Pride Month. And call ourselves GGGLC-"Golden Gate Gay and Lesbian Cruisers." Hey, we could even do a float in the parade, and create a cruise ship out of papier mache, and...and...and...:eek:

(relax...I'm just KIDDING!;) )

"Hey, kids. lets put on a show!"

Yes, there's a little bit of Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland in everyone, but a simple get-together for a drink sounds like fun.

Hey Brian, I don't get back until May 30th, so doing this in May might be tight!:)

June looks more likely to me. And June is such a great month here. We could have it as a part of Pride Month. And call ourselves GGGLC-"Golden Gate Gay and Lesbian Cruisers." Hey, we could even do a float in the parade, and create a cruise ship out of papier mache, and...and...and...:eek:

(relax...I'm just KIDDING!;) )

"Hey, kids. lets put on a show!"

Yes, there's a little bit of Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland in everyone, but a simple get-together for a drink sounds like fun.

We're from walnut creek as well. Sure is a lot of us from the bay area.

Blazerboy, you get back on my Birthday :cool:

Maybe all the cruisers (if us lesbians are invited :rolleyes: ) could meet up during pride?

For those that didn't realize, it appears as though Walnut Creek has pratically become "Castro East," albeit with more couples. And some of us drive...Volvos:eek:

(I always did want to be a soccer mom)

Of course, you're welcome, Icebrat! We can even toast your birthday.

We're from walnut creek as well.

WOW...all these Walnut Creek cruisers! Pride sounds fun, but all us Walnut Creek/Contra Costans should meet downtown at the...............WALNUT CREEK YACHT CLUB some time!

Let's take this a step further........anyone live in the Keys ? (No, not the Florida Keys, the infamous Keys Condos in WC).

And, bdjam, I'm actually as far in the 'burbs as you are- live in Walnut Creek, but work in the City.

We should have a “burbia” cruise – there’s quite a few of us from this area, huh?

WOW...all these Walnut Creek cruisers! Pride sounds fun, but all us Walnut Creek/Contra Costans should meet downtown at the...............WALNUT CREEK YACHT CLUB some time!
:D

No way! You live in the keys. " Get outta here!" no way!

This world is beyond small.

I'm in shock right now. Do you live in the keys? Maybe we've seen one another?

FYI I used to live in the 310 building then I moved to the 490 Building and now dear SO lives in the 490 building and I got a place downtown. We love each other to death but CANNOT live together. :)

Rented in the 440 building '95-'98.

Bought in the 320 building in '98 where we've lived happily ever since! This place is so huge I figured it was a good chance SOMEONE on this board lived here!

You are right, the Key's are huge. They should add a restaurant or something in the clubhouse area. :)

I don't lurk over to the 300 side that often. I complain when we walk over to the bball courts way in your neck of the woods. We have 2 dogs, the male dog hates Men but we walk around the lake and the 400 side of the keys.

I wonder how many cruise ships they can fit on the keys property?

One day, all of the "burbia" cruisers should go out to eat as was suggested. Either at the Yacht club, The Cantina, La Fogata, PF Changs, California pizza kitchen. Whatever, we have so many options...

Well guys, change of plans for us. We had to cancel the 29day Australia Cruise on the Diamond P. Seems Garys' Doc didn't want him confined in a plane for 17 to 20 hours. DAM. Oh well we booked the Island Princess for RT to Hawaii in Dec. from LA. Anyone else going?

OK you Keys people – ever hike across the street to 1220? I used to work there :eek: and still hang out there at times…I’ve probably served you a drink at one time or another!

And I’m still all about a Walnut Creek get together…sounds fun!

Ten years living at the Keys and we've been to 1220 twice! Guess that tells you we're not big bar people. I know.....turn in my badge!

How about coffee at Starbucks on Bancroft some Saturday morning? We walk the trail there all the time. Nice place to get acquainted and they have lots of outdoor seating. Or just go whole hog and set up a date for drinks/dinner. We're game for anything.......should we call ourselves Contra Costa Cruisers? Of course anyone from Casto WEST (SFO) welcome to join...the more the merrier......

Ten years living at the Keys and we've been to 1220 twice! Guess that tells you we're not big bar people. I know.....turn in my badge!

How about coffee at Starbucks on Bancroft some Saturday morning? We walk the trail there all the time. Nice place to get acquainted and they have lots of outdoor seating. Or just go whole hog and set up a date for drinks/dinner. We're game for anything.......should we call ourselves Contra Costa Cruisers? Of course anyone from Casto WEST (SFO) welcome to join...the more the merrier......

I've never been to 1220 or any other club or bar for that matter, not even on a ship. :eek:

Starbucks on Bancroft sounds good, maybe stop at Noah's bagel or the copper skillet for breakfast too!

My partner and I have been living in the East Bay for 5 years and never been to club 1220, We are another one of those couples that are not into the bar scene, guilty!!

We currently live in Antioch and are new to cruising, we are taking Our second cruise at the end of the month.

We are always open to new friendships.

NCL Star 4/30/05

Explorer of the Seas, may 2004