San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

let's have a no-host meeting of the San Francisco Cruisers from CC on a Sunday afternoon. (This time of year, that's always a good time to mingle with gay softball teams, too!) How about Sunday, June 10th (the week before Father's Day) at Moby Dick's in the Castro? Time: 3:30 PM. Come one; come all!

We can share our sea cruising stories and talk about upcoming voyages - maybe even share some cruise tips on specific itineraries, cruise lines, cruise ships, etc.

Now, any suggestions on how we can tell ourselves from the other bar patrons? :confused:

Looking forward to it, guys/gals.

Gary

San Francisco

Now, any suggestions on how we can tell ourselves from the other bar patrons? :confused:

Gary, we could wear a shirt, cap, or any other cruise logo item...

David

Sounds like a great idea, but we will be lolling in Gay Paree after the QM2 RSVP cruise, so we will miss you guys. I hope it works out for you and that we can do it again. The first one we held at Martuni's and I think there were maybe 12 or so there.

Ed/Jeff

3:30 PM at Moby Dick's on 18th at Noe. Wear some nautical/cruise items. I'll wear my Atlantis Buenos Aires to Rio tee shirt (it's a fav). Let's plan to meet near the back of the bar just before the steps up to the pool table area (for you folks that know the place). It's not a large bar, so should be no problem...unless it's crowded.

For those on a post QM2 gig, we'll toast to you en absentia!

If this works out, we can repeat again after a few months.

Looking forward to it.

Gary

San Francisco

Spread the word and see you on Sunday, 6/10, about 3:30 at Moby Dick's.

And, if you've been on Atlantis's PV resort week, be ready to tell me what to expect. ;)

Gary

San Francisco

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I hadn't checked back here in awhile and thought it was 3, not 3:30. I did show up but left when I thought no one else decided to show, which was right around 3:30. IF a gathering took place, hope you all had fun. :D

• 1 month later...

Wow cruisers we have been pretty quiet lately. We have some real nice viewing/traveling experiences coming up here in SF in Sept.

There will be a cruise ship in town on almost every day of the last week of the month, sometimes two ships a day.

9/18-25-26-27-28-29, then 10/03 is the last ship we will see until next spring.

Ed

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey fellows. I've just signed-up for the Labor Day '08 Atlantis Cruise from London to Barcelona on the Celebrity Constellation.

Any others in SF/Bay Area on board? I'm doing the single supplement on the cruise, but looking for a bud or two to share a post-cruise hotel room in Barcelona for 1, 2, more? nights. Interested? Let's chat.

Also, I've not been on the Constellation before. Any comments from those of you who have?

Thanks, guys, and happy cruising. ;)

Gary

San Francisco

• 3 weeks later...

Any Bay Area folks on the Atlantis cruise from London to Barcelona over Labor Day '08? For now, it's only open to Atlantis Alums. But, if you're signed up or thinking of if, let's chat. I've not been on the Celebrity Constellation previously and would appreciate info on the ship's public areas, restaurants, gym, etc. that isn't in their PR brochure.

Happy Holidays and Happy Cruising!

Gary

San Francisco

• 1 month later...

All you Bay Area gay cruisers...where are you off to in '08?

I'm looking for a second vacation (only one planned, so far, is Labor Day on Atlantis's Celebrity Constellation from London to Barcelona), and would love to get some ideas from you guys.

Happy New Year. ;)

Gary

San Francisco

Just one....last TA on QE2....in October...

May is a land trip to Romania, and we have several other 'events' to travel to...step dad's 80th, a summer trip to the Cape, and next year is our year with my family for Christmas...so cruising funds are depleted and vacation time exhausted before the year really starts! Oh well...

Andrew

All you Bay Area gay cruisers...where are you off to in '08?

I'm looking for a second vacation (only one planned, so far, is Labor Day on Atlantis's Celebrity Constellation from London to Barcelona), and would love to get some ideas from you guys.

Happy New Year. ;)

Gary

San Francisco

Hey Gary,

The Labor Day sailing sounds great, wish I could join you. I'll have to work on that one a bit more. 3 trips planned for the beginning of '08 and we'll see what comes up for the rest of the year!

Happy New Year to all ! :)

One of my New Year's resolutions is to try to get all the SF Cruisers together for a "meet and greet" so we can put faces to screen names. I'm open to suggestions for a time/place from any of you guys. ;)

Gary

actually, i don't live in san francisco but i did live there from 1976 to 1984. i'm living in phoenix now.

i'm new to cruising and what a fabulous experience it was to arrive in sfo on a boat in september and sail under the bridge.

i've booked my next cruise on the star princess which leaves from sfo on november 10th so i'll have that same fabulous experience two more times.

anyone booked on that cruise?

i'm single and i'd like to meet some other single men who might be thinking about or already booked this cruise.

david

• 1 month later...

My partner, Jeff, and I moved to Daly City in 2006 from Washington, DC, and I work in downtown SF. Jeff actually grew up here, though, so this really was coming home for him (and a virtual coming home for me, since I'm definitely happier here than I was back in Virginia). I was on a Caribbean cruise 22 years ago, but not since, and he's never been on a cruise, so we'll be taking our first cruise together this coming September, when we're sailing on the Coral Princess from Vancouver to Whittier, AK, just a couple of months after our five-year anniversary.

My best friend lives in Tampa with his wife, and they first decided to do the cruise and then talked us into it. We're really excited, and are geeking out about it already (joining Cruise Critic, downloading tons of brochures and photos, watching the bridge cams, listening to cruise-related podcasts, etc.). I'm hoping that this will just be the start of a cruise-filled life together. :D