EARLY morning taxi PG to airport

rangirower

Hi, I'm completely new to this message board but very excited about first cruise on the Paul Gauguin! However I have one problem not yet solved ...

My two friends and I booked flights indepently (long story) and will leave PPT on Air France at 7.30am the morning after the ship docks at the end of our cruise. Which means disembarking at 5am (or earlier?!) .... I know, not a great end to the cruise but we had our reasons ...

PG has quoted us $100 PER PERSON for one way transfers which means $300 for the three of us. Given that I believe the airport journey is about 10 minutes, that strikes me as just a little expensive. I'm guessing it'll be too risky to just get off the ship and hope to find a taxi before sunrise! So I've been searching for a good reputable car service that we can pre-book for a lot less than $300.

Any ideas anyone? This has been bugging me for weeks and I would be very very grateful for any advice on taxi / limo / tour companies in Papeete that can be relied on to pick us up so early from the ship.

Newbie Nate

• 3 weeks later...

I don't recall if PG arranged for a taxi, or there were some waiting on the pier. I am pretty sure PG called for one. But it wasn't a process at all. We got up, went out, and there the taxi was. I think you will be happy you chose AF over AT. We loved it. And when we arrived in LAX, we zoomed through customs because most passengers were from France. They had the long wait, not us. Enjoy!

Archived