Better prices for travel ins????

mosbee

Saw a post stating that travel insurance is available from sources other than CCL. I am booked already and bought insurance from Carnival, but if I can get a better price for travel insurance on a future cruise, would love to get names of good companies offering this insurance.

Saw a post stating that travel insurance is available from sources other than CCL. I am booked already and bought insurance from Carnival, but if I can get a better price for travel insurance on a future cruise, would love to get names of good companies offering this insurance.

Not sure if we are allowed to give out specific names. Whenever I want to Insure My Trip (dot com) I just google it and compare a lot of companies.

Hope that helps.

don't buy insurance from one company over another based on price.

By a policy that will cover your needs.

http://www.insuremytrip.com is an excellent place to start.

Bill

I ditto everyone regarding insuremytrip. They will give you many options with many different companies. You can select different ones to compare the specific details of the coverages. If you go through them, you are pretty much guaranteed to get much better coverage than Carnival's at a lower price than Carnival's.

mosbee,

One thing please keep in mind ..I do not think CCL/CUK will go out of BIZ..but try to stay away from Insurance offered by the Cruise Lines.

You may have read of some going out of BIZ too. An example , some people bought Insurance Policies from the Cruise Lines and that cruise line went chapter 7 Out of BIZ.

Leaving the cruisers without a ship and without insurance.

Always compare what you need , want, and a firm which in your State of residence is in good financial standing. As yes Insurance firms can and do out of business also.

If your getting Medical , your best purchase is PRIMARY POLICY COVERAGES.

That way your covered first from them and not have to go through a gauntlet of ways, means, methods and faxes/calls/letters...

Compare all you can so you obtain the best for YOUR NEEDS.

I set up a reflector URL :

Travel.AAAAmerican DOT com ( yes use that period DOT. )

I have used a few and found this one the best , you can bookmark it so you have it as a reference. They have the largest DATA Base of Companies, Policies and Availabilities Worldwide. FREE QUotes and Comparisons.

Read everything and get what You want and need.

Hope that help ya.

Are you kin to the Virginian Mosbee's ?

My bank, BB&T, also has an insurance side and they have a special department that has travel insurance and when I was planning our safari to South Africa(not a cruise) next summer, they had the best rates and coverage, comparing them to the aforementioned companies.

Archived