5 in a cabin

Ggdean

Sailing on the carnival inspiration with our 3 kids (1,3&5). Original plan was to get adjoining cabins but they were not available. Then thought of two cabins but I know that that would wind up being hubby in 1 cabin and me and the 3 kids in the other (lol). Looked into a suite and the smaller (ie cheaper) suites do not accompdate 5. So we went with a cabin that can accommodate 5. was hoping that the room would have the trundle for the 3 yr old with the Pullman above for the 5 y/o, baby in the portacrib and mom and dad in the king. Found out our cabin has 2 pullmans and not a trundle. I cannot let a 3 year old on a Pullman and neither hubby or I want to sleep on it.

Does anyone know if the mattess from the Pullman come off so that the 3 year old could sleep on it on the floor?

Yes, you can put the mattress on the floor. But to have room for the crib/pack&play and the mattress on the floor, you will have to separate the big bed into twins and line them against the wall. EM

Will the crib pack/play not fit at the end of the bed between the foot of the bed and the wall. We have used a portacrib before and that is where we put it. then we would put the mattress on the floor where the roll away would be across from the desk but. In that room the beds were parellel with the rear wall and not coming out from it. If that makes sense.

I also have the steward remove the little table and extra chair. The less the better.

Really had hoped for the trundle as it worked so well the last time.

Will the crib pack/play not fit at the end of the bed between the foot of the bed and the wall. We have used a portacrib before and that is where we put it. then we would put the mattress on the floor where the roll away would be across from the desk but. In that room the beds were parellel with the rear wall and not coming out from it. If that makes sense.

I also have the steward remove the little table and extra chair. The less the better.

Really had hoped for the trundle as it worked so well the last time.

That's a possibility: these are the classic pictures we all post to show five in a cabin on Fantasy class, and you would not be using one of the bunks, although whether they can give you a rollaway or trundle is your cabin already has beds for four...

FantasyM88-2.jpg

FantasyM88-1.jpg

Great picturesm thanks. There is definately enough room at the foot of the twins together for either a porta crib or to toss down the pullman mattress for 3 year old. I prefer to stick the porta in the corner by the bed since that would need to be there during the day and have 3 year olds mattress where the rollaway is in the picture but the opposite way. The 5 year old would sleep on the pullman above us so that if he did fall out he would fall on us.

Done triples & quads on 2 of the Fantasy class ships (Elation and Paradise).

If you have the lower beds apart you will have a play area for the kids. One bed goes under the window and the other along the wall across from the vanity.

Archived